About my 5 day old chick

Chrissy6969

Hatching
Aug 5, 2022
My 5 day old chick can not stand on her feet she goes in circles I have been hand feeding her baby oatmeal with vitamin e and 1/2 of crushed selenium and I make it with water she seems to eat some of it when I put it into a dropper I'm very concerned about her because she can not stand me and my husband this is our first time and we got eggs put them in an incubator and out of 13 eggs only two hatched please can someone please help I don't want her to die thank you so much ❤️

Attachments

• 20220805_081509.jpg
    20220805_081509.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 13
My 5 day old chick can not stand on her feet she goes in circles I have been hand feeding her baby oatmeal with vitamin e and 1/2 of crushed selenium and I make it with water she seems to eat some of it when I put it into a dropper I'm very concerned about her because she can not stand me and my husband this is our first time and we got eggs put them in an incubator and out of 13 eggs only two hatched please can someone please help I don't want her to die thank you so much ❤️
I am so sorry you’re going through this, it might be a really good idea for you to post under the emergency/illness section, too. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures.10/

Feed her raw egg yolk every hour or so, just dip your finger in it and press against her beak, hopefully she will move her mouth as if she is eating it. Water with chick electrolytes or if you can’t get that, sugar water. Dip her beak but don’t force the drinking. Cuddle her up and make sure it’s warm enough for her.

Back
Top Bottom