Abscessed tooth in my chick.

I often take my chickens to Mexico for dental care, it's so much cheaper there than in the states. I had one bird whose teeth completely fell out. It only cost me $25 bucks to get her fitted with dentures. I no longer have the pic.

I had another one with a severely abscessed tooth. I was able to fix it with my big bertha #1 driver. I got the tooth out, but unfortunately the head went with it.

I ended up pulling the tooth.

I gave her massive doses of antibiotics. She seems to do fine except she talks with a lisp and has trouble eating soup. The drooling is terrible.

I have learned from this though. I know brush all my chickens teeth when I put them to bed.

Getting a crown on a chicken tooth is so expensive up here.

Tell me about it, Ralphie - those gold caps set me back more than a few bags of chicken food, I'll tell ya! That's why I plan to recycle them by using them on any other chicken later on. Now, if I do things right and maintain the dental routine I've started, I shouldn't need them again. If not, or if I ever get out of raising chickens, I'll have posts put on the back and make toothie earrings out of them. Waste not, want not.

OMG, Ralphie, this explains it! I was wondering where you caught your abscess from last week, the one where they had to drill through your crown and do that root canal yesterday? (you may not remember as you are on some pretty good drugs) You must have caught it from her!!! Ok, mystery solved, this explains everything! Hopefully you don't contract the rabies as well
fl.gif
maybe go roll in some DE it might ward it off...

I am in pain still Cluckies!!

I am thinking I need to try and unscrew the Vicodin cap... I hope I have the strength to do it..

Funny thing is I called the dentist office today but could not get by the receptionist (think Attila the hun with a phone) I told him I had an abscess pus sac on my gum. She said the dentist will not give you an antibiotic. ( the dentist had told me to call him if I thought I needed an antibiotic)..

I said well I would like to avoid taking the Vicodin. She said just take it, that's what it is for.......

So if I become an addict it is her fault!! Tell that to my survivors...

Back
Top Bottom