Absolutely devastated... please help with identification.

Where are you located? Do you have fishers where you live? The tracks could be slightly larger than the actual paws from the snow melting slightly from the warmth of the animal’s feet. Do they look more cat-like or dog-like? We caught our mink last week by putting the chicken carcass in a live trap.

Where are you located? Do you have fishers where you live? The tracks could be slightly larger than the actual paws from the snow melting slightly from the warmth of the animal’s feet. Do they look more cat-like or dog-like? We caught our mink last week by putting the chicken carcass in a live trap.
I am located in Illinois. I’m not sure if there’s fishers around here, they look more dog like going off of the pad. I will put up my live trap tommorow. Thanks for the advice.

Im so sorry. I just want to hug you. :( :hugs condolences for your loss.
Thank you so much. It really means a lot to me in this difficult time. And to make matters worse, sadly most people don’t understand how hard these losses are. I’m glad I’m part of a community that understands what I’m dealing with. I tried to talk to my friends but they don’t get it. I actually had someone tell me “deal with it... it’s not the end of the world. There’s always another one.” These two Pekins came from my original ducks that I owned for about 4-5 years before they were killed by a predator 1 year ago. I hatched them from the refrigerated eggs 3 weeks after my ducks were killed. I am grateful that the others are ok, but her sister is going to be very lonely.

I had a coon get 7 of my mallards one time😣 I caught the booger on a game camera. I would definitely get a game camera if you can. I later caught him in a live trap. I live in KY, so I have some of the same predators you do. I don’t think it’s a fox because foxes leave little trace. A coyote or a dog could very well be possible. Although with that tall fence a raccoon is likely because a dog or coyote isn’t likely to climb that.

I had a coon get 7 of my mallards one time😣 I caught the booger on a game camera. I would definitely get a game camera if you can. I later caught him in a live trap. I live in KY, so I have some of the same predators you do. I don’t think it’s a fox because foxes leave little trace. A coyote or a dog could very well be possible. Although with that tall fence a raccoon is likely because a dog or coyote isn’t likely to climb that.
Thanks for the reply. I am definitely going to get a game camera for by their house but it’s hard because I live on 5 acres so it wouldn’t show my whole yard unless I got multiple. There is a spot in my front yard where the fence gaps ( By my driveway) so it could have come through there.

sorry for your loss by the way.:(

Thanks for the reply. I am definitely going to get a game camera for by their house but it’s hard because I live on 5 acres so it wouldn’t show my whole yard unless I got multiple. There is a spot in my front yard where the fence gaps ( By my driveway) so it could have come through there.

sorry for your loss by the way.:(
You will need multiple cameras. Get a 2-4 pack if you can.

Back
Top Bottom