Added eggs while incubating - update: all 6 ducklings hatched and younger egg in incubator

Wow I didn't know it was so common, I guess I've never taken a close look on the wild ducklings. She's cute! What breed or colour is she? The pool is about a feet high, sometimes I hear a duckling bounce off in a failed attempt to escape. I thought about putting them in the bathtub but it's more fun if they're in the living room. I got the pool idea from a photo on this forum actually :D Never knew chicks can jump that high, impressive! Better warn my uncle, he has 20 chicken eggs in the incubator They like to hang out on the heating plate, they'll fall off but jump back on right away. Sometimes they're calling me, the panic squeaks they do when they can't find mom. I'm feeling bad because duck moms are always around and I have other things to do too :(
Cute pics! My girl is a black Swedish. Well, splash, I guess, because all her yellow has turned white and she's about half black, half white. I have 2 more that are almost all black, just a little white on the chest, and one that is almost all white, with just a little black on the bottom of his back and tail. Is that heating plate a Brinsea? I thought they were supposed to stand under it lol

At
Wow I didn't know it was so common, I guess I've never taken a close look on the wild ducklings. She's cute! What breed or colour is she? The pool is about a feet high, sometimes I hear a duckling bounce off in a failed attempt to escape. I thought about putting them in the bathtub but it's more fun if they're in the living room. I got the pool idea from a photo on this forum actually :D Never knew chicks can jump that high, impressive! Better warn my uncle, he has 20 chicken eggs in the incubator They like to hang out on the heating plate, they'll fall off but jump back on right away. Sometimes they're calling me, the panic squeaks they do when they can't find mom. I'm feeling bad because duck moms are always around and I have other things to do too :(
At least they have each other. My little Wist ( in my avatar) was all alone and peeped for me constantly. Anything from Donsje' s egg?

Cute pics! My girl is a black Swedish. Well, splash, I guess, because all her yellow has turned white and she's about half black, half white. I have 2 more that are almost all black, just a little white on the chest, and one that is almost all white, with just a little black on the bottom of his back and tail.

Is that heating plate a Brinsea? I thought they were supposed to stand under it lol

Sweet! There's no Swedish ducks here. I know a duck who's supposed to have a white spot on his chest but instead half his body is white haha

It's not a Brinsea, it says Comfort but I think it's also known as Premier? Yes they should be under it but the view is better on top!

At least they have each other. My little Wist ( in my avatar) was all alone and peeped for me constantly.
Anything from Donsje' s egg?

Yes they seem happy with each other! But cuddling all of them is difficult because they won't stay put for a second haha
Aww poor Wist, luckily she learned to hang around with other ducks, judging from your avatar.

I candled Donsje's egg 2 days ago and I saw veins. Keeping my fingers crossed! It's on day 20

V
Sweet! There's no Swedish ducks here. I know a duck who's supposed to have a white spot on his chest but instead half his body is white haha

It's not a Brinsea, it says Comfort but I think it's also known as Premier? Yes they should be under it but the view is better on top!

Yes they seem happy with each other! But cuddling all of them is difficult because they won't stay put for a second haha
Aww poor Wist, luckily she learned to hang around with other ducks, judging from your avatar.

I candled Donsje's egg 2 days ago and I saw veins. Keeping my fingers crossed! It's on day 20

Veins is great! Fingers crossed!
And Wist is a boy...thats his girlfriend. I have many cross gender names. I waited about 7 years for Wists babies before getting some call drakes last year. So now I have a fertile flock again, but id love to know why my fave lil guy cant breed. In 2013 I lost my only other female of the same breed, not long after losing about 5 of her fertilized eggs and Wist was my only drake then. Just devastating, but I still hope one day i will have his babies

Thank you! I took them out for a morning cuddle and they started to sleep in my arms! So adorable
wee.gif

They're making a huge mess in the brooder. There's food and water splattered on the walls haha

I scrolled through the article but luckily it wasn't necessary. They all unzipped very quickly! Donsje's egg is still in the incubator and it's on day 18
smile.png

AWWW look at those sweet things.

I cleaned the brooder but they just went to eat and now the walls are covered in food again
roll.png
I think I'm going to need those puppy training pads because everything is wet
barnie.gif

Their faces are very pretty the golden-yellow is so nice

Last year Donsje had 2 nests but none of her ducklings survived. There's big fish in the ditch and magpies so they all got eaten
sad.png

I hope my ducklings will hang out with Donsje when they're bigger
big_smile.png

And what's crazy, is when they are young like that and don't have there adult feathers in yet., They do not enjoy sleeping in on a wet bottom. LOL. They make the mess and they don't like it but HAY it's fun to make it. Right that's all that counts.

Yes I read they were messy but I expected them to be more quiet on their first days. Instead they're running around and jumping on the heating plate. They're standing in the food and water and shake their head when drinking so there's splatters everywhere on the glass. My dad wants the house to be clean but these little rascals don't know what that is
idunno.gif

I'll put them in a guinea pig cage tomorrow, the waterer I bought will also fit in there. Hopefully things will get a little less messy then
hide.gif

Thank you! despite the mess I'm very happy with them
jumpy.gif

Wait until they start SMELLING. OMG, the odor is pretty Nasty if not cleaned several times a day. LOL

The guinea pig cage has a plastic bottom that's like half a feet high.. the rest is bars. I'm going to need a good water system.. Or a better brooder!
th.gif

But they're so sweet yes!

I had Five of mine in a guinea pig cage, DON"T know how they did it but they still were able to Shoot poop OUTSIDE the cage and I have call ducks. LOL

And what's crazy, is when they are young like that and don't have there adult feathers in yet., They do not enjoy sleeping in on a wet bottom. LOL. They make the mess and they don't like it but HAY it's fun to make it. Right that's all that counts.

Mine love it when I clean out their pool! They want to dive in before I'm even finished re-filling it! But then its dirty again in five minutes. I keep asking them if they like it so well when its clean, then why do you mess it up so fast? LOL They ARE NOT answering me!!

Back
Top Bottom