Added eggs while incubating - update: all 6 ducklings hatched and younger egg in incubator

With my silkies last summer I used rabbit bottles so they couldn't drown and get it dirty. But I don't know if you could do that with ducks

I think it's to hard for them to get the correct amount and It's important that they have the ability to dunk there head's up to there nostrils. They have to keep there nostrils clear..

Nope, they need some way to stick their whole heads in the water to clean their nares. Rabbit bottles and nipple waterers don't provide that, unfortunately.
hit.gif

Yep agree,

Wow I didn't know it was so common, I guess I've never taken a close look on the wild ducklings. She's cute! What breed or colour is she?

The pool is about a feet high, sometimes I hear a duckling bounce off in a failed attempt to escape. I thought about putting them in the bathtub but it's more fun if they're in the living room. I got the pool idea from a photo on this forum actually
big_smile.png
Never knew chicks can jump that high, impressive! Better warn my uncle, he has 20 chicken eggs in the incubator

They like to hang out on the heating plate, they'll fall off but jump back on right away.

Sometimes they're calling me, the panic squeaks they do when they can't find mom. I'm feeling bad because duck moms are always around and I have other things to do too
sad.png
I see one in the back just wondering off. LOL

Mine love it when I clean out their pool! They want to dive in before I'm even finished re-filling it! But then its dirty again in five minutes. I keep asking them if they like it so well when its clean, then why do you mess it up so fast? LOL They ARE NOT answering me!!

HOW DARE THEM IGNORING YOU. GRRR, groundation is in ORDER..

HOW DARE THEM IGNORING YOU. GRRR, groundation is in ORDER..

Absolutely! This evening I will have to sit them down for a good talking-to!!

FINALLY, I haven't been getting any notifications so I'm having to play catch up. Finally Caught up. LOL

Yeah! I think notifications are finally coming back in. That sucked, didn't it? LOL

With my silkies last summer I used rabbit bottles so they couldn't drown and get it dirty. But I don't know if you could do that with ducks

I think it's to hard for them to get the correct amount and It's important that they have the ability to dunk there head's up to there nostrils.  They have to keep there nostrils clear..
I have the little chick waterer (with the bigger base) in the rabbit cage with them, but I also have 2 rabbit bottles for them. The ducks use all three within hours! All the chicks get are a couple sips and a bath from their water loving friends.

Veins is great! Fingers crossed!
And Wist is a boy...thats his girlfriend. I have many cross gender names. I waited about 7 years for Wists babies before getting some call drakes last year. So now I have a fertile flock again, but id love to know why my fave lil guy cant breed. In 2013 I lost my only other female of the same breed, not long after losing about 5 of her fertilized eggs and Wist was my only drake then. Just devastating, but I still hope one day i will have his babies
I'm sorry to hear about that. Ducks bring so much joy but some ducks seem to be born for sorrow. Kaatje visited our garden for years, but last year she had to be put to sleep after a mower got her. She was on her nest in the tall grass
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom