Added eggs while incubating - update: all 6 ducklings hatched and younger egg in incubator

Thanks!
wee.gif

I'm sure that she's smaller than the others, but I hope she'll be alright! She's squeaking and nibbling so she should be

She hatched! She's really small, I think even smaller than the others when they were born

She seems so fragile I'm worried a bit
sad.png
I put her in the guinea pig cage under the heating plate. I hope she can join the others tomorrow or the day after that

OMG, WHAT A LITTLE CUTIE. LOl she's got those sleepy eyes and all. LOL

Thanks!
wee.gif

I'm sure that she's smaller than the others, but I hope she'll be alright! She's squeaking and nibbling so she should be

give her time, she'll BLOSSUM, she's just got a slow start but in a few weeks BOOM, she'll catch up. LOL, I had a call duck very small, that hatched and sure enough, she's the same size as my other four that hatched with her.

Just a small update:

They went on vacation with me and they loved it! Sadly Donsje's baby is still very small and the big ones want to peck her if she comes close. And she really wants to be with them
sad.png

I let the big ones out in the garden and they like to hide and search for food in the plants.

and there's Donsje's baby.

Maybe a bit late but how much do I feed them? I've been giving them constant access to food but I'm running out now (and the webshops I ordered it from don't sell it anymore!). And they're so big! Should I search for a feeder that has 16-18% protein it it, even if it's for other birds? Or get food that's for adult ducks? (they're almost 3 weeks now)

OMG, SWIM TIME...

Let them eat all they want.

I feed mine All natural layer crumbles just check the calcuim in it, My feed store quit selling All Flock... But a gamebird or meatbird feed will work too.

Just a small update: They went on vacation with me and they loved it! Sadly Donsje's baby is still very small and the big ones want to peck her if she comes close. And she really wants to be with them :( I let the big ones out in the garden and they like to hide and search for food in the plants. and there's Donsje's baby. Maybe a bit late but how much do I feed them? I've been giving them constant access to food but I'm running out now (and the webshops I ordered it from don't sell it anymore!). And they're so big! Should I search for a feeder that has 16-18% protein it it, even if it's for other birds? Or get food that's for adult ducks? (they're almost 3 weeks now)
Omg she's so gorgeous.

My parents weren't happy with the mess and smell they make so they want them outside
hit.gif
I don't even have an outside duck house, and my dad wanted them to have a cardboard box as sleeping place! Instead we put my stereo cabinet (I got it from the trash) on a pallet so they can enter from the bottom and have a glass roof... it doesn't look warm enough and they're not happy
sad.png
I just added some blankets over it so I hope they won't get cold... There's a small pen attached where I put their waterer

Also Donsje's baby injuried her bill
hit.gif
My mum put her outside in a cage that has small horizontal bars and she'd put her bill between them and walk while her bill scrapes along the bars. It has a small superficial scratch but also it appears swollen
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom