Added eggs while incubating - update: all 6 ducklings hatched and younger egg in incubator

I actually have a bird who does this, my common mynah. A guest once placed a bag on the table near her cage inside 'her' territory...And we witnessed her line up her butt through the bars to shoot one right at the leather monstrosity! People are warned. They do not believe me until they see it.

lol.png
That's funny!

Donsje was in the ditch and she has 5 babies (there were 8 on day 1) now. The babies are really small and I think they grow very slowly. I wish I could tell her to come and stay in our garden until the babies are bigger
sad.png

Last edited:
Donsje was in the ditch and she has 5 babies (there were 8 on day 1) now. The babies are really small and I think they grow very slowly. I wish I could tell her to come and stay in our garden until the babies are bigger :(  

I know how you feel. I once saw a wild couple raise all 8 to almost adulthood, then one got hit by a car. It was a fantastic effort for a wild pair. I'm always telling local birds, well if you would just come in....

I know how you feel. I once saw a wild couple raise all 8 to almost adulthood, then one got hit by a car. It was a fantastic effort for a wild pair. I'm always telling local birds, well if you would just come in....

That's so sad. It seems ducks don't realise how dangerous the road is sometimes. I can't imagine losing any of my babies, duck life can be so hard and cruel

NO they will be fine, they will run off most of there fat. I haven't heard of a duck that eat to much and now it can't walk, not to say it's not possible, I just haven't heard of it yet..

I've been throwing their pellets on the street and more often per day so they don't gobble as much and they don't have weird walks anymore.

I noticed that 5 have small feathers with a greenish shine (like adult males) on their head. Does this mean they're boys?

Back
Top Bottom