Added vit

henney penny

Songster
10 Years
Nov 21, 2009
Northern Maine
I give a good feed to my silkies and also add ACV in the water and a vit and electrolyte with lactic bacillus in it also everyday.I just want to make sure they have everything they need for good nutrition.I just read its not good to add extra vit and electrolytes because it can interfer with absorption of nutrients. Thoughts on this?

I give a good feed to my silkies and also add ACV in the water and a vit and electrolyte with lactic bacillus in it also everyday.I just want to make sure they have everything they need for good nutrition.I just read its not good to add extra vit and electrolytes because it can interfer with absorption of nutrients. Thoughts on this?
So you are adding electrolyte and vitamin solution to their water all the time? Do they have any just plain fresh water available to them at any time? One problem that you can actually create here is that you can overdose them on certain vitamins… not everything is water soluble and will actually accumulate in the body rather than being excreted if it exceeds the amount the bird needs and this can lead to a toxcisity.

So you are adding electrolyte and vitamin solution to their water all the time? Do they have any just plain fresh water available to them at any time? One problem that you can actually create here is that you can overdose them on certain vitamins… not everything is water soluble and will actually accumulate in the body rather than being excreted if it exceeds the amount the bird needs and this can lead to a toxcisity.
That is what I had read.I have stopped adding the vit supplement and only add the ACV.

Back
Top Bottom