Adjusting Meyer Order - Suggestions Appreciated!

I think you will like a mixed flock, or at least I do. I too, would add a white egg layer, but I would keep the cinnamon queens. They have always been friendly and active for me. However, I do not expect birds to live forever. I give them a good life, and accept death as a reality.

No matter what you get, you will find that you will like some better than others. Why are you waiting until August to get them?

MRs K

What is most important to you? Lots of eggs? Colorful eggs? Gentle/friendly breeds? (I personally love Barred Rocks too and would second the recommendation to switch out something for them!)

It looks like a good list for what you want to do. Last August I got a mixed flock of guineas & chickens (Olive Eggers & Cream Legbars) and I'm very happy with them. I like the legbars but they are a bit high energy (which is OK because my flock is free-range) and they're good egg layers. 2 of the 6 OE's got broody the last week, but this is OK because I want to hatch some guineas and they're doing a great job incubating the gooney bird eggs.

Back
Top Bottom