ADM Pen Pals Chicken feed....

yellowirenut

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 27, 2011
New haven, IN
I try not to make special trips just to pick up feed. Usually stop by the TSC wile in town. Today though I was by a feed mill and decide to stop in.
They had Layena by Purina mills for $14 a 50lb bag. Then they also had Pen Pals by ADM for $11 a 50lb bag. I pick up two bags of Pen Pals. Upon opening the bag I was impressed. You could tell the different ingredients (i got crumbles) they where crumble size but you could tell corn and grains. It does not look over processed like other feeds. The bag says they do not need grit but its a part of my layers diet anyways.

the web site telling ingredients and such.
http://www.backyardpoultrynutrition.com/Egg Maker Complete Chicken Feed.htm

I am also impressed with ADM's main site as they explain how the ingredients that goes into there feed is processed.

I have not herd anyone mention this brand before. If anyone has tried it i would like to know. I will keep up to date how the feed performs as i have 100lbs of it for 5 birds

this might be an older thread, but ADM is a good company, for horse feeds - which is what i have most experience in , but i hate purina horse feed, so i guess im going to hate purina chicken feeds as well-- I have a choice of souther states, blue seal, ADM, or purina, or the crappy stuff from TSC.. I think im going to go with the ADM , unless someone else has input that the Blue seal is perhaps better?? anyone compare these two feeds?

I have used pen pals for a long time for like 5 years they also have meat maker starter grower one thing that I've noticed is that everybody says that Purina has calcium pen pals has crushed oryster shells in the egg maker

Hi there, Yes I too have used and will keep using the PenPals feed. I myself do not care for any Purina products and while I was buying a layer pellet due to a sale, I found my chickens ate way more...well the "cheaper" the feed the less nutrients so the more they have to eat to fill up. I noticed with the PenPals they consume less and even eat less of the fermented mix. It may cost me a little more BUT it is a 50#bag as opposed to most at 40# and my chickens are definitely doing better to to this being a better quality feed!

Aloha,
I have had a very different experience with penpal feed. My chickens will not even touch it. I thought that I’d save money as it’s far less expensive than the Scratch and Peck we were using originally. Unfortunately, I think that my chickens got used to the higher quality feed and are a little spoiled. Now I’m left with these huge bags of feed and no money back. If anyone in Keaau Hawaii area needs some free chicken feed, please contact me and you can have 100lbs. of free feed.
Mahalo🤙🏽

I try not to make special trips just to pick up feed. Usually stop by the TSC wile in town. Today though I was by a feed mill and decide to stop in.
They had Layena by Purina mills for $14 a 50lb bag. Then they also had Pen Pals by ADM for $11 a 50lb bag. I pick up two bags of Pen Pals. Upon opening the bag I was impressed. You could tell the different ingredients (i got crumbles) they where crumble size but you could tell corn and grains. It does not look over processed like other feeds. The bag says they do not need grit but its a part of my layers diet anyways.

the web site telling ingredients and such.
http://www.backyardpoultrynutrition.com/Egg Maker Complete Chicken Feed.htm

I am also impressed with ADM's main site as they explain how the ingredients that goes into there feed is processed.

I have not herd anyone mention this brand before. If anyone has tried it i would like to know. I will keep up to date how the feed performs as i have 100lbs of it for 5 birds
Hi! I am wondering is this feed organic?

Back
Top Bottom