Ador Inside or Out?

Vampire Gardener

Chirping
Apr 25, 2023
I'm finishing up my mobile chicken coop build and looking to purchase a door. I've read about the Ador1 and think that might be the way to go. I love to buy American when possible.

My question is this...mount inside with a light sensor outside or outside with the canopy? Any other accessories you wish you got? THANKS!

I have the Ador and I mounted mine inside. My coop and run are connected by a tunnel so I wanted to be able to access the door for battery change. I have the remote light sensor and remote door switch. Inside offers more protection in my opinion although the way the door is made, I don’t think the extra protection matters. It’s pretty ruggedly built.

if you mount inside, you will need the remote sensor that you have. Be sure and aim it to the east. That opens at sunrise at closes at sunset. I really like the door a lot and the owner is very responsive if you have questions.

So, I bought the Ador and installed it on the outside for now. Anyone have issues with it catching a bird? It is strong and I'm worried I'm going to kill one of my babies. Anyone rig a sensor to retract? I didn't see an option on the Ador website. I think the quality of the item is top notch but kind of worried about my babies.

Back
Top Bottom