ADOR1 Automatic Coop Door?

Thinking about getting one of these ador chicken doors, sounds like most of you really like it with little issues. I now have a solar one that runs on double A's and it was worked great for about a year and a half, just quite on me. Tried replacing the batteries even tho the ones in it where pretty new. Still not working. I got mine at Foys I can't recall the name. If I can't get it going again this ador is looking good!

I've been happy with mine. I did get the external light sensor ( mine faces into the coop run), and it opens early and closes late.

I've been happy with mine. I did get the external light sensor ( mine faces into the coop run), and it opens early and closes late.

Thanks Lynnehd, good to hear. I want mine to do the same only it will face out into the run I think.

Thanks Lynnehd, good to hear. I want mine to do the same only it will face out into the run I think.

That should be better. I have a covered run, which also probably affected the built in sensor. My external sensor runs outside of the run, and is mounted on the SE wall.
If you have trouble (especially in the darker months), it's easy enough to add the external sensor later on.

Have those of you in the snow zones had an issue with freezing or drafts from the holes? I don't heat my coop in the winter.

we have this door. Its been working fine for over a year no problems. Opens when it gets light closes at dusk. My husband bought the add on part that uses a doorbell button so that I can open
and close the door manually from the inside if needed. No problems that could not be fixed by reading the manuel

The side of the door (and middle of the turkey door) have holes that the gear teeth run in to open and close the door.
OK, I went out and looked at mine, and see what you are asking.
big_smile.png

The holes are not directly open to the outside air; they are enclosed by the door track on the side. In addition, they sit over the wood frame.

Now I don't live in a snow zone, but I can't see how any drafts would get through.

we have this door. Its been working fine for over a year no problems. Opens when it gets light closes at dusk. My husband bought the add on part that uses a doorbell button so that I can open
and close the door manually from the inside if needed. No problems that could not be fixed by reading the manuel
Agreed. We've had ours nearly a year and it is working like clockwork.
I changed the battery at 6 months because we were going out of town, but it showed no signs of being low.

Back
Top Bottom