ADOR1 Automatic Coop Door?

Could you possibly show me your set-up?
I like the idea of having solar panel.

Thank You
smile.png
Here's a photo. The only minor downside is that you need to wipe the dust off the solar panel from time to time. Although that's just a theory of mine - I've never had the door fail to open or close. I really like this setup. This is the solar panel: https://www.amazon.com/Moultrie-Deluxe-6-Volt-Solar-Panel/dp/B001VMX5J4/ref=pd_bxgy_200_img_2

Thats weird that your battery keeps dying. We had ours in 4 nine months and changed it just in case. I think it would have been fine. You may have another problem. Did you call the customer service. They are very helpful and can tell you if something else is causing the battery to drain. I had a problem in the beginning (because I did not read the manual) and I emailed them. He emailed right back with the answer. I love this door. Deb

Hi there
smile.png

I installed Ador1 this spring and it was easy to install and works great. And was wondering any recommendations for good battery. Because I've already changed twice. Somehow I thought battery last long time.

Thank You!
Are you buying bargain brand batteries?
I tried that once (not for an auto door) and found out why they were so cheap,
they didn't last near the time the brand name ones did.

Thats weird that your battery keeps dying. We had ours in 4 nine months and changed it just in case. I think it would have been fine. You may have another problem. Did you call the customer service. They are very helpful and can tell you if something else is causing the battery to drain. I had a problem in the beginning (because I did not read the manual) and I emailed them. He emailed right back with the answer. I love this door. Deb
It is weird.....wonders if there a loose wire somewhere draining the battery.
Agrees, contact customer service.

Last edited:
Its awesome. I have it for quite a while now it works great. We modified it I need it to open by time not sunrise sunset because of a nasty neighbor. So we put the sensor in a box with a night light..

The owner of the company is great to talk to. He is a help with ideas to make it work for you.

Its awesome. I have it for quite a while now it works great. We modified it I need it to open by time not sunrise sunset because of a nasty neighbor. So we put the sensor in a box with a night light..

The owner of the company is great to talk to. He is a help with ideas to make it work for you.
Yes, still loving mine. In my case, I need it to open early, close late (dusk), so I use the external sensor that they sell separately.

I STILL love this automatic door.

For maintenance, I've oiled the tracks a few times.
And I just changed out the battery today, because I'll be gone for a coupe of weeks.
The previous battery has been working well for 1 year.

This door operates like clockwork.
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom