ADOR1 Automatic Coop Door?

I wonder if it would be possible for Rod to invent a temperature probe sensor that could also be hooked up externally. I see on a pricier competitors door this feature where the door won't open unless it is over 20 degrees. That would be handy to have in the northern climates.

I'm building a coupe so if I was rough frame the opening for the door what size does it need to be?   I didn't see anything on the web site.

Door Closed Over-all dimensions: 23.5"H x 11.5"W x 3.25"D.
Door Opened : Door extends above frame 5" additionally when open: 28.5"H x 11.5"W x 3.25"D.

Hope this helps...

I wonder if it would be possible for Rod to invent a temperature probe sensor that could also be hooked up externally. I see on a pricier competitors door this feature where the door won't open unless it is over 20 degrees. That would be handy to have in the northern climates.

Good idea.

Rod, how's that spare time thing going.
lau.gif

It would be closed for weeks at a time. My chickens are out at -20.

That's a neat idea, and easier than me teaching my chickens how to read the thermometer.
smile.png

I am looking at one of these. I leave for work well before the sun comes up and sometimes I don't get home til way after dark. Winter is he worst with the all too short days. Anyone have experience with this door in the winter? It can hit -20 here in Iowa but not for long stretches. Sometimes we get heavy snow. They can stay locked in on a cold day but I would hate to see them get locked out. I have no power at the coop yet. Thinking solar.

Roady,
Sorry if I missed your email or phone message... Please phone again or email [email protected] and I'll be glad to talk to you. Some of the phone messages I get are not of good enough audio quality for me to get the phone number, and emails fill up the page and get out of scope too quick... so anybody who has tried to reach me and I failed to contact you, please try again.
Thanks,
ROD
Not trying to defend anyone but I work in a job where I get frequent phone messages. It amazes me how many people do not speak clearly and who rattle off phone numbers so fast that I can not catch them even after listening to the message several times. Speak up, speak clearly and slowly.
I don't know if that's an issue here or with any of you but its a pet peeve of mine.

Not trying to defend anyone but I work in a job where I get frequent phone messages. It amazes me how many people do not speak clearly and who rattle off phone numbers so fast that I can not catch them even after listening to the message several times. Speak up, speak clearly and slowly.
I don't know if that's an issue here or with any of you but its a pet peeve of mine.

Yes, major pet peeve!!!

First thing, say and spell your name, then leave your phone # speaking slowly and clearly.
Then state your message and finish up with your name & # again.

Saves you alot of frustration (your phone call will be returned) and saves time & frustration for the folks getting the message.

Back
Top Bottom