*Ads on a Cell?

I haven't gotten anything from BYC, but after I signed up with PhotoBucket, I received a text message somehow related to them. I thought I just erased it, but instead ended up with a 9.99 charge on my Verizon account. It was a Premium Text Message. Verizon gave me the number for this third-party company, but they refused to refund my money and got pretty nasty about it. Anyway, I'm not too savvy with the text messaging thing, so must have accidentally did this. I told this outside company that they are predatory and just out to @#$%& people.

I had Verizon put a block on my account to prevent this happening in the future. It's free and definitely a necessity for me. Just be careful about answering any of these texts.

What?????? I can't imagine!!!
hu.gif

Here is a caution I was sent in Jan 2007, it has the info to stop these calls.

REMINDER....12 days from today, all cell phone
numbers are being
released to telemarketing companies and you will
start to receive sale
calls.

.....YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS
To prevent this, call the following number from
your cell phone:
888-382-1222.
It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will
only take a minute of
your time.
It blocks your number for five (5) years.
You must call from the cell phone number you
want to have blocked.
You cannot call from a different phone number.
HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON TO ALL YOUR
FRIENDS.
It takes about 20 seconds.

THANX RICH

check the info at snopes.com about that "warning" message

while there is a little truth to it, it's mostly "urban legend"

the warning has been making the rounds for at least three years, possibly five -- hasn't happened yet

however, the DoNotCall is a good thing to do anyway

Quote:
The exact same thing happened to me. I received the charge on my bill that I just got in the mail. And it was after I signed up with PhotoBucket.

Quote:
The exact same thing happened to me. I received the charge on my bill that I just got in the mail. And it was after I signed up with PhotoBucket.

Do you have Verizon? I don't know how they got my number. I'm pretty sure I didn't supply it in the information fields on Photobucket. The customer service rep at Verizon told me this kind of thing is happening more and more all the time. They're getting very aggressive with it. It's easy to block them though. Just call your provider and tell them you want to block premium text messages.

* Well-- that's all good info-- but, what I mean is that previously none of the e.bay or ckn supply ads showed up on the my mobile version of BYC, and now when I log in, they do show like every other time. Weird, huh? Oh, I've got Metro, and I usually go tho Yahoo's mobile search to BYC.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom