advice please-hen broody again!

No, wasnt hurt just seemed to be petrified. I seperated them. I think they were too big to hide underneath her, everytime she saw one she gave it a peck-not hard, just telling them to stay under her. Never mind we tried it.....now to try and break a broody :/

I'm in the same boat. My broody girl wouldn't accept my chicks this time either, so now they are in a box with a heat lamp and she's insisting on sitting on eggs. She's been broody for almost 6 weeks - the chicks are 4 weeks old. She just won't quit!!

Yup! This ones stubborn too! I gave in....she is now sitting on 6 eggs! Just so frustrating my chicks are just a week too old lol! And if they hatch, we will be away on holiday :/ Her last lot of chicks are only 8 weeks old! Good luck with yours.....:)

I have had that happen before, but once she got the chicks she took care of them like them were gold, she sat on eggs for 7 weeks till she got two chicks.
tongue.png

Yes....this is how my broody wanted to be, but the one chick was making it quite difficult for her. As it ran from underneath her, I think she was trying to make it come back to her, but it was making a hell of a shrieking noise! Shes happy with her eggs now....im kerping everything crossed she hatches them. I must not touch lol! :)

The chick is fine now....after watching them for a while, the loud chick is certainly still very vocal! Has to be a boy ha ha :)

Back
Top Bottom