Aggressive Rooster?

bryan8

Songster
10 Years
May 21, 2009
New york
Last summer I hatched out some chicks and convinced my landlord into getting chickens. We built a coop and have 6 hens and 1 rooster. The rooster is a Delaware cross, and he is having a little attitude issue. He is fine with me, and I can go in the coop and not have any issues. But the catch is he hates my landload, he goes after him when he see him. I let them roam freely around but my landload wont let me let them out for fear of the rooster attacking him or his dogs. What can I do to fix this? I don't want to have to stick him in the soup pot, he is a beautiful rooster. I think the issue is that my landloard acts very scared around him and will wack him with a stick when he gets close. Can anything be done to fix the roosters aggression? I trimmed his spurs already so he cant spur him.

Bryan

Last edited:
If it were me, I would get rid of the rooster before the landlord decided that chickens were a bad idea. In my opinion, rooster temperament can be mocified, but human aggressive roosters can never be trusted. The potential for injury, especially to a child, is always there.

Back
Top Bottom