Agriculture, Organic, Going Green, etc... Business Ideas?

yanks26

Songster
11 Years
Jan 9, 2009
Connecticut
I am looking to start up a small scale business somewhere in agriculture. I have a very strong passion for agriculture and know lots about chickens. I am willing to learn about cows or any other type of animal raising needed to startup a business. Here are the ideas I have thought of:

1) Poultry Farm (Egg Production and Broiler Production)
2) Organic Pickle Farm
3) Organic Dairy Farm (Cheese Production / Milk)

If anyone can offer any suggestions that would be extremely helpful. I am a college student looking to get something small going while I am in college for 2 more years. This way, once I graduate I can continue with it as it has already been established.

I am open to any type of farming. Please let me know ideas / opinions!

Thanks!!

Personally I would stray away from the term organic, I knkow here in Indiana the application and testing fees are astronomical. However you can advertise such products as all natural and antibiotic/pesticide free (which means basically the same thing). and not go through all of the state and fed certification.

Quote:
Very interesting. I had no idea that becoming Organic was such a hard process.

I also forgot to mention that I am looking for a business that has plenty room to grow BIG. I don't want to become satisfied with $50,000 or so revenue a year. (Looking to grow into millions lol). That is a reason why I think the egg business isnt such a good idea since it is already loaded with big companies.

Any suggestions / ideas?

Back
Top Bottom