Air purifier for indoor pet chicken

Does anybody here have any recommendations for an air purifier to lessen the amount of dander from an indoor pet chicken inside a bedroom?
Yes.
It's called "outdoors".
With a flock of chickens.
All parties concerned will be much happier living in more natural conditions for the specific species.

Curious what the situation is that you have an indoor chicken. There is no good way to keep chicken dander at bay that I'm aware of. It would really gunk up any purifier. I have Ventas and they get disgusting and have to be washed often just from people and dogs in the house and from the one time I brooded chicks in my laundry room I can safely say that the chicken dander is worse than anything I find in my Ventas

Does anybody here have any recommendations for an air purifier to lessen the amount of dander from an indoor pet chicken inside a bedroom?
Ok friend. Look....we did this the other day. But for completeness I will repeat what you've already been told. Chickens need friends. One chicken is a cruel life. Chickens belong outside. The dangers of long term indoor confinement for both you and the chicken are exponential. So please don't. Please take the advice of the wonderful people here.

If you are just "playing around" to see what reactions you get....please go find something else to do with your time. If this thread takes the same turn as the other one I will report you. We were kind and offered our assistance which you clearly weren't looking for. Good day.

Yes, i have to do the same w my parrots and previous house chickens. If you want a good quality one, the hepa filters can get pricey, but its still worth it to me. Honeywell air purifiers are great, and you can get the model based on the square footage of the room. They have a carbon prefilter that you can vacuum the dust from every few days when you do your cleanups. Hope this helps!

It's amazing to hear about your indoor pet chicken – they must bring a unique charm to your home! Dealing with dander can be a task, but you've got the experience with your parrots and previous house chickens.

It's amazing to hear about your indoor pet chicken – they must bring a unique charm to your home! Dealing with dander can be a task, but you've got the experience with your parrots and previous house chickens.
They're outside now, i moved to a city where i can keep my chickens legally.. but every once in a while, they all come pecking at the back door 😂

I do have an emergency setup for any times of dangerous weather, so the purifiers still come in handy.

I’m not here to chastise you, but I really do not recommend a chicken inside a home…. unless it’s VERY temporary. I’m guilty…. I admit this right away. I brought in Seasons, my tiny A-class Serama and her single egg, in order to give her peace to incubate and hatch her chick. I kept her in a large cardboard box lined with piddle pads in my utility room at the back corner of my house. I had the air purification going 24/7, while she was enjoying my hospitality. That itsy bitsy chicken created her share of dust, and I still had to Swiffer-down the room every day. For anyone that keeps any type of bird inside (this includes exotics), there’s going to be dust. It can’t be avoided. If you already suffer from allergies, I recommend at the very least housing your chicken in a small coop outside on your deck/back porch.

Back
Top Bottom