Air sac?!

My incubator is in my dining room which we don't use... It only has a few windows and doesn't get much sunlight in there... The room isn't any more humid then the rest of my house so I don't know what is offsetting my humidity.

That does look pretty small to me. Are you running the incubator in a humid room, like a basement? Amylynn gives some of the best advice on incubation, running your incubator dry, trying to get the humidity down for another day or two is probably all you can do. I'm wondering if your hygrometer is off because 40% humidity doesn't seem that bad to me, but I'm certainly no expert. Good luck, keep us posted on how the little guy does.
Yeah, I would say the hygrometer is off, usually the bator ones are. When you get the new one, make sure you test that though. There are more than one thread on here that tells how to test the hygrometer with the salt test for accuracy.

Okay I will definitely the test the new one when I get it.... I just hope it hatches well because it's been progressing really well and I see it moving in the egg which makes me even more excited ... My fingers are crossed

Okay I will definitely the test the new one when I get it.... I just hope it hatches well because it's been progressing really well and I see it moving in the egg which makes me even more excited ... My fingers are crossed
fl.gif
Good luck and keep us posted on the progress.

Okay, I bought the hygrometer and I'm doing the salt test right now... I'm pretty sure the one in my incubator isn't accurate because even though there isn't any water in the incubator it is still reading 44%.

Okay, I bought the hygrometer and I'm doing the salt test right now... I'm pretty sure the one in my incubator isn't accurate because even though there isn't any water in the incubator it is still reading 44%.
During the fall my incubator averages 40-45% w/o water. Plus if you took the water out, but didn't completely dry the water wells...that moisture will still cause humidity.
big_smile.png

I dried out the whole bottom of the incubator with some paper towels but it could be the humidity outside too.

Okay so I'm having more doubts I guess you would say... There's a little bump in my air sac but it doesn't look like an internal pip... Also, it isn't chirping but I still see movement... But it isn't rocking at all either. It is only Day 19 but I'm concerned about the bump in the air cell. I also just raised the humidity up.

Okay so I'm having more doubts I guess you would say... There's a little bump in my air sac but it doesn't look like an internal pip... Also, it isn't chirping but I still see movement... But it isn't rocking at all either. It is only Day 19 but I'm concerned about the bump in the air cell. I also just raised the humidity up.
You won't hear chirps or see egg movement from all of them. There's movement, that's a good sign. The best thing you can do right now is leave them alone. Commence with lockdown, up the humidity and leave them be. You are only going to stress yourself out over things that at this point you can't control. Now it's up to them to do their thing. Wether they do or not, is beyond your control until they start making the effort to hatch you have to sit back. I know it's hard, but there is going to be enough to stress about once they start pipping and you worry because it takes so long between pip and zip. Take a deep breath and know that you have provided them with the best incubation you can and it's up to them now.

Back
Top Bottom