Air sac?!

Exception:If you have more eggs and the majority are where they need to be and there is a single or minority amount that look smaller, then you would adjust for the majority and hope for the best with the minority.

This is the most important post on this thread. Never adjust to accommodate the weaklings or defects in eggs, chicks, or hens.

Staggered hatching produces poor results. The best way to do them is use your best incubator for Days 1-18 and then lockdown in another incubator. I generally don't lockdown until 19/20 but this is what I do.

The hygrometer calibration went pretty well... Still haven't had any pips but hopefully I'll see some soon.

Yes the incubator hygrometer is off. The humidity was actually 19% while I was running it dry and my incubator said it was 50%... Now it is 70% and the incubator says 41%... I candled my little egg as soon as I got home today and saw it trying to pip a hole!! So hopefully I'll see a hole tomorrow... My only concern is will it run out of air?

And yes I know that I shouldn't have candled it but I had to open it to turn the other eggs and I couldn't help myself.
1f601.png

Back
Top Bottom