ALABAMA!!

Wife and I at farmers market in Trussville today. Young lady had what i tought was the prettiest dozen eggs. Till i seen these.

Umm poor chickens.. I have to say that I feel bad for them. I know this is how the chicken world works, and I eat chicken. But not my own... I guess I love mine to much to think them as food.. If I was starving I would though don't get me wrong, but I would have to be pretty hungry lol.

Hah, don't worry, most of the time I just say I'm gonna eat them
lol.png
I generally only eat the ones that are mean or injured/ill.

Hah, don't worry, most of the time I just say I'm gonna eat them
lol.png
I generally only eat the ones that are mean or injured/ill.

LOL sound like a wolf ha! only eat the old and injured :) its all good nothing wrong with living off your resources its far cheaper and you know where it comes from .:)

I have a mean Roo (silver wing Banty) I would eat him, but he is to small :( by the time I got the feathers off there would only be enough meat to make half a chicken salad sandwich haha!

LOL sound like a wolf ha! only eat the old and injured :) its all good nothing wrong with living off your resources its far cheaper and you know where it comes from .:)

I have a mean Roo (silver wing Banty) I would eat him, but he is to small :( by the time I got the feathers off there would only be enough meat to make half a chicken salad sandwich haha!

Bantys eat ok. They are still bigger than a Quail.

Someone had Bobwhite eggs listed on CL yesterday. I don't have away to hatch or they'd be here.

It is funny what a human will eat when they are hungry. I do what ever i can to protect our flock from predators. Ultimately they are just a food source. It doesn't matter how pretty they are or what their names are.

@chickadoodles everyone is doing good.Miss Broody Chantie thought she was going to follow the ducklings until I put her back on the nest.

@Orps Last year she only hatched 10. This is her second batch of the year due to getting scared off her nest a few months ago.

Dad found 2 baby oppossums in the quail pen this morning.

They're going on cl.

@chickadoodles everyone is doing good.Miss Broody Chantie thought she was going to follow the ducklings until I put her back on the nest.

@Orps Last year she only hatched 10. This is her second batch of the year due to getting scared off her nest a few months ago.

They're going on cl.
I'm happy to hear they are doing good and a Chantie is broody! That is great! Congrats
thumbsup.gif

Ya I would get rid of those little critters they would grow up and eat all your birds.

They're going on cl.

They're so fuzzy!
lol.png
I could totally see people wanting them.

Back
Top Bottom