ALABAMA!!

Does anyone have any blue laced wyandottes??? really needing some.. I will pay anything for like 2 or 3 hens.
If that is true, go to the breeds thread and find someone that has some. Pay to ship them to you. It is a hassle, but if you are willing to pay someone to go to all that trouble to ship grown birds, you can get them that way. The other thing is you could pay someone to go get them for you or to bring them to you.

So I checked out the poultry auction in Woodland Saturday. I must say, between the two in our area, the one in Goodwater will probably get my business again, but I doubt we go back to Woodland. They had a very diverse group of birds: peacocks, guinea, pheasant, and lots of different ages and breeds of chickens. My gripe was that the area to store the birds was so small and it was infected with ants. When I mentioned to the registrar that there was a group of pheasants that had picked each other to blood and that they were being eaten alive by ants, she brushed it off and said "Well, it's not that much longer to auction." Really?!? Ok, I know I coddle my birds more than most, but that's ridiculous. And maybe it's not her job to check on it, but the owners of the birds didn't seem to care to check on them at all either. They just put a really bad taste in my mouth and I can't see myself going back any time soon.

Oh, AND we went by the hatchery in Rock Mills, but no one was there. Found out that he usually goes to the auction on Saturday. lol---Got his number though and plan on trying to call later.

No. I honestly was so put off that we got out of there pretty quick.
hu.gif
There were 20 guinea keets that I would have really liked to have, but I decided it wasn't my scene.

Hi all. Anyone know where I can get rabbit meat in or around Huntsville? Not a rabbit but meat. Raising rabbits for meat seems like a good option for me but I would like to try it first. Thanks.

There is a farm in Springville that sells rabbits. The place is call "OLD FART FARM". Want to check the place out but never have. But may do it soon because I going to get more chickens because my sister let her dog out in the backyard with my chickens. When I got home found her dog eating one of chicken alive-NOT HAPPY
somad.gif
).

Back
Top Bottom