ALABAMA!!

OMG, Orps!!! I am so sorry!!! I'd freak out!!!

And probably kill a dog................

I was freak out and piss off. I petted her(the chicken) until she died which didn't take long. I glad she went on her own because I thought I had to put her down and the only suggestion I got is from my sister's friend suggested cut off her head. Not a good day for me.

I have a gentle giant livestock guard dog. He is half Anatolian Shepard and half great Pyrenees. He is gentle with all livestock and children. He needs a big farm with plenty of room to roam. I can post photos if anyone is interested. I am in north Jefferson Co.

Oh I would love to but we aren't ready yet to get a LGD. Good luck finding him a home.
I wasn't addressing your situation directly although it might be something to consider.
wink.png
Just anyone who might need an LGD.

Hi All:

I posted elsewhere, but somebody told me about this thread. I didn't even know there was an Alabama thread. I live in Auburn and rescued two mallards from a college student who was keeping them in his bathtub. One is a male and one female. they were born at the beginning of the summer. They are very sweet and good with my four chickens (well, they bully them, but it is not that bad). Anyway, I can't keep them. They aren't legal in Auburn. I am the person who got the Auburn chicken ordinance passed (my friend and I, along with a nice city council womam), and it would be a real battle to try to get ducks legal - a battle that I am not up for. I am afraid that I am going to get caught with them because they love to quack loud in the morning. And in any case, my yard is really small and we don't have a pond, and I only took them in to try to find a good home for them (the guy was going to just release them).

Would anybody be interested in taking them? I would be happy to drive pretty far to take them to a good home.

Hi! Welcome to the Alabama thread. I would be willing to give them a home if you cannot find someone good closer to you. I have to warn you, though, they would be raised to be Tide fans! LOL!

I don't have any ducks at the moment, but have been seriously considering getting some for a while, now. I have 23 acres and a creek running through the middle of it. I will have to build a duck pen at some point, but for now, they could stay in the coop with the chickens and guineas.

Last edited:
Thanks Wisher. I will let you know if I don't hear back from somebody closer in the next few days. They are in the same pen as my chickens at night for now, but they free range all day. They like to chase the chickens around a bit, so if you keep them in the coop for a long time, I would suggest getting a seperate place for them. But they do just fine with the chickens otherwise. We only have four though.

Thanks Wisher. I will let you know if I don't hear back from somebody closer in the next few days. They are in the same pen as my chickens at night for now, but they free range all day. They like to chase the chickens around a bit, so if you keep them in the coop for a long time, I would suggest getting a seperate place for them. But they do just fine with the chickens otherwise. We only have four though.
No problem! My birds only go up at night to sleep. They all free range during the day and I believe there would be more than enough room for them to get away from the ducks.

Back
Top Bottom