Algae in my automatic waterer

Just curious why the white color seems to have more algae?

When you find out how to prevent that Green algae, please do share!!
I ALSO have this problem in every single waterer I have.
I have 2 automatic waterers, about 4 gravity fed waterer, and those DIY 5 gallon bucket waterer.
ACV has not prevented it growing, possibly slowing it down, however not prevented it.
Ah, thanks for that!!
I learn something everyday!!

I find adding ACV makes brown slime grow in the waterer. Anyone else get that? I wondered if it was the 'mother' multiplying 🤷
Yes, I found that ACV makes slime grow in the water too.
Also I have white buckets for my nipple waterers. They get algae but only after several weeks. So I change the water and scrub them out now and then.

I find adding ACV makes brown slime grow in the waterer. Anyone else get that? I wondered if it was the 'mother' multiplying 🤷

Same, I tried ACV for a few weeks at the very beginning of my chicken journey, and could not get the water to stop sliming up, so I discontinued using it.

Just curious why the white color seems to have more algae?

When you find out how to prevent that Green algae, please do share!!

Algae needs light to grow. I have a fully opaque (a typical plastic bucket does not cut it, needs to be double walled or something to that effect) horizontal nipple waterer, and I keep it in the shade to further reduce light. I've never had any algae growth that way.

Back
Top Bottom