All about garden herbs

Those two books are VERY good indeed! There is another one I forget the name, ill get it when I goto the farm saturday and do my volunteer stuff.

mints, my chocolate just up and died as well. I think it's meant to grow, you pick it and let it keep making it's NEW stuff, and NOT let the old just get bigger, because it does not seem to be a 'bigger' plant, just a 'more' plant... if that makes sense.

ive seen pineapple mint and one other, I can't remember, which i am not sure if it was bred as more as a fad or what. I'll call them hybrids, and I never did have real good luck with them over the basic Spearmint, Peppermint plants. and we have a florida mint thats pretty nice too.

aaron

I've never seen orange or apple mint. 👀 I had spearmint, peppermint, chocolate mint, and sweet mint, but the sweet mint and peppermint died.
They were new year at our local nursery. I haven't eaten the orange as it smells like pledge (flash back to my youth) but did add it to my cleaning vinegar;) apple mint is kinda fuzzy, lol, good in salads.

My chocolate mint didn't do as well as the others either.

I've had lots of basil! My purple basil kept bring dug up by some critter and ended up dieing.
I accidentally got the Oregano and Mint in the same pot so that's been little different ?! Lol
I also have sage, rosemary, parsley.
Cilantro died out but I saved seeds!
Chives never took off.
Lavender died out but I have cuttings (2nd time around trying to root).
I wanna know how to get Basil and other things to grow huge like ya see on gardeners channels! I have one that got about 2' tall but now is dieing back.

oregano, basil, lavender, rosemary, spearmint, parsley, celeriac, chamomile... I have turmeric in a pot for the first time. I wonder if I will get any rhizomes. no luck with ginger.
Oooo.... I forgot about parsley. I grow the curly kind but so far the buns and caterpillars have gotten all of it.

Does anyone know the difference between flat and curly?

I've had lots of basil! My purple basil kept bring dug up by some critter and ended up dieing.
I accidentally got the Oregano and Mint in the same pot so that's been little different ?! Lol
I also have sage, rosemary, parsley.
Cilantro died out but I saved seeds!
Chives never took off.
Lavender died out but I have cuttings (2nd time around trying to root).
I wanna know how to get Basil and other things to grow huge like ya see on gardeners channels! I have one that got about 2' tall but now is dieing back.
I could never get chives to grow from seed. Bought some already started and it was doing wonderful until a gopher pulled it all underground and ate it.

Arkansas might require a permit too.... Honestly I have no idea. I just know it's a big problem that people trespass or tear up the state/federal lands looking for it.

As for the Butterfly Pea, I grew 2 or 3 seeds in a raised planter attached to an arched lattice. The plants went gangbusters. They grew very well and prolifically. It *should* be a perennial in our climate (7B). I will know for sure in the spring... If my vines resprout in the spring, I'd be happy to send you some of the seeds I'm holding back if you want to try it.
Yes that would be awesome! I'm in the same zone too so I would love to know if it comes back...can I dm you my address.

The only difference between curly and flat I know of is that one is curly and one is flat... Taste the same to me.

Yes that would be awesome! I'm in the same zone too so I would love to know if it comes back...can I dm you my address.

The only difference between curly and flat I know of is that one is curly and one is flat... Taste the same to me.
Yes, pm me your address. If my vines come back in the spring, I won't need the extra seeds and I will send them to you.

Back
Top Bottom