Fresh herbs

Sammy Sam

Songster
Dec 8, 2023
How do you use your fresh herbs(for laying live hens Lol!)? I read about grow herbs for chickens and about two weeks ago I planted a lot of different types. I just picked about two cups total of fresh rosemary, thyme, oregano, spearmint, peppermint, lavender and I was thinking of adding them to sand for a dust bath, but maybe I should just throw the cuttings in the run? Their run is dirt/sand, I live in Florida and they dust bathe all over in the run. I also planted Lemon balm, dill, fennel and parsley.

How do you use your fresh herbs(for laying live hens Lol!)? I read about grow herbs for chickens and about two weeks ago I planted a lot of different types. I just picked about two cups total of fresh rosemary, thyme, oregano, spearmint, peppermint, lavender and I was thinking of adding them to sand for a dust bath, but maybe I should just throw the cuttings in the run? Their run is dirt/sand, I live in Florida and they dust bathe all over in the run. I also planted Lemon balm, dill, fennel and parsley.
I give them fresh and then dry the rest out and add to their feed. I have never given them any mints or lavender so i cant help you there.

I also live in FL and have sandy soil and they just scratch around it in the run and eat it fine.

I give them fresh and then dry the rest out and add to their feed. I have never given them any mints or lavender so i cant help you there.

I also live in FL and have sandy soil and they just scratch around it in the run and eat it fine.
Thank you. I read on Lavedar a few different times and I won’t feed them it. Says it’s toxic to small animals if eaten. It does say I can add to nest boxes, dust baths or hang in coop. I planted it close to their nest boxes, where they can’t get to it, maybe I’ll just let it grow and not add it to areas that they might ingested it.

Back
Top Bottom