All advice for raising ducklings please

My starter brooder is a storage tote that is 32" x 19" at the top so bottom is a bit less. I use a MHP that is a bit under 24x12 so not a ton of extra space besides on top of the MHP which works for chicks for a week or two till they go in my outside brooder.

I will have the ducklings for around a week or so till they head to their homes. I have 13 still going I think. So think this is going to be too small. I have another smaller tote that I was thinking of attaching to this one by cutting a "door" in each side and zip tying them together. Putting the MHP in one and other side being food, water and free space. Are they smart enough to figure that out??? And does that sound like a good plan or is there another way I should set it up?

I use an Xlarge dog crate the solid plastic ones tie wrap top and bottom and use it as a brooder so I think your ducklings will be able to figure it out you will want to give them a few days IMG_2209.jpeg with everything on one side then move feed and water to the other tote. They will need the space or the poop will be too much.

I use an Xlarge dog crate the solid plastic ones tie wrap top and bottom and use it as a brooder so I think your ducklings will be able to figure it out you will want to give them a few daysView attachment 3812605 with everything on one side then move feed and water to the other tote. They will need the space or the poop will be too much.
That is what I figured. I wish I could do what you do but I have cats so that doesn't work. Lol. Maybe I will pick up another bigger tote so I know they have enough room when they are put together.

That is what I figured. I wish I could do what you do but I have cats so that doesn't work. Lol. Maybe I will pick up another bigger tote so I know they have enough room when they are put together.
I use old window screens for the top and weigh them down with 2X4 cut to size. Still might not work with cats.

Anyone around to help????? I started a new thread but think some chicken eggs that look like the duck eggs got mixed in!!! I have 3 pips I noticed when I was cooling the eggs and getting ready to mist them. I had to remove the turner quickly and put everyone in lockdown but it is only day 20 close to 21. How can I tell the duck eggs from chicken eggs? Do I try to move the duck to my other incubator???? But then it leaves the one with pipped eggs open for a bit?!?!

Yikes!!!! Here is a pic of all the eggs. The red dots are ones that are pipped

Attachments

• IMG_20240426_232350725~2.jpg
    IMG_20240426_232350725~2.jpg
    451.2 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom