all farm animals

haha, bummer, i know how ya feel
duck eggs are my favorite...i've never had a turkey egg. Quail eggs don't taste too much different than chickens eggs, but they fun to cook cause they are so tiny. I like to hard boil them and make little "quail poppers." Duck eggs are probably more useful, because they are not so tiny. Though, the nice thing about quail is once they start laying, every girl will give you one egg a day, and they mature really quick (like 6 weeks and they are laying).
wow ya thats nice the 1 egg a day and the 6 weeks thats amazing

a turkey egg tastes about the same as a duck egg , i keep telling my dad we need to get rid of all the chickens and replace them all with ducks or turkeys and hey people ought to buy the duck eggs more cuase they taste so much better

ad speaking of tiny and poppers i don't know what quail popppers are but iff you take a giunea egg and leave it in the hot sun for a few days carefuly grab it and throw it aginst something even the floor but dont get it on you cuase it will stink but it is fun to watch it pop all over the place and the sound thats my redneck fun lol

wow ya thats nice the 1 egg a day and the 6 weeks thats amazing

a turkey egg tastes about the same as a duck egg , i keep telling my dad we need to get rid of all the chickens and replace them all with ducks or turkeys and hey people ought to buy the duck eggs more cuase they taste so much better

ad speaking of tiny and poppers i don't know what quail popppers are but iff you take a giunea egg and leave it in the hot sun for a few days carefuly grab it and throw it aginst something even the floor but dont get it on you cuase it will stink but it is fun to watch it pop all over the place and the sound thats my redneck fun lol
yeah, i was impressed at how fast they mature and start laying...way better than a chicken.

Yeah, people really should like duck eggs more. I love my ducks to bits, way more than the chickens...chickens can be really annoying, lol :)

haha, that sounds fun!

yeah, i was impressed at how fast they mature and start laying...way better than a chicken.

Yeah, people really should like duck eggs more. I love my ducks to bits, way more than the chickens...chickens can be really annoying, lol :)

haha, that sounds fun!
ya

o ya i swearmy dad loves chickens and he's like they make eggs and 4-h and i aam like ya i am fine with 20 less chickens espeacially rosters

i love mine to

ya i got some on me cuase i had to pull eggs out of a fence man did they stink i thought the smell would never go away

For those that have questions with poultry and showing I can help you. I have been raising chickens for 12 years, ducks for 3 years and peafowl for 3 years. I've shown poultry 2 years at the County fair as well as state. Right now I have Sagitta laying hens but I'm getting Black Australorp this spring as well as more peafowl.

Last edited:
For those that have questions with poultry and showing I can help you. I have been raising chickens for 12 years, ducks for 3 years and peafowl for 3 years. I've shown poultry 2 years at the County fair as well as state. Right now I have Sagitta laying hens but I'm getting Black Australorp this spring as well as more peafowl.

Peafowl are cool. Ive wanted some for a while but my 4h leader says they are impossible to keep alive? How do you do it?

Peafowl are cool. Ive wanted some for a while but my 4h leader says they are impossible to keep alive? How do you do it?
They are actually pretty easy once you get them to a year old then it's smooth sailing. Once you learn what they need and how to treat or prevent common problems then you will be fine. Since I've raised them for a while it seems easy to me but might seem hard for others. Just make sure they have the right amount of protein (20%-30%) and plenty of Calcium (oyster shells). With peachicks keep a lid on top of their pen because they fly within days of hatching. If you have what they need like a high protein source and a high calcium source somewhere they will take care of themselves. Your only problems will be predators if you have the right level of protein and calcium. The one I have on my arm with a horse I've shown. I'm in FFA and I'm part of the Idaho Bird Breeder Association. I will post some pics of the show my internet keeps coming and going.

Last edited:
Canyon County Fair. I was the first to show peafowl at the Fair. They let me decide how to show since it's never been done before

This is what she did almost the entire show.

Canyon County Fair. I was the first to show peafowl at the Fair. They let me decide how to show since it's never been done before

This is what she did almost the entire show.

nice ribbions and your ffa story is really cool don't you just love being in ffa i do

i love that peacock wow i drew a pic of a peacock in school a couple years a ago i will put the pic up later

thank you for the poultry advice and peafowl i know enough about the poultry to help about the basics but it sounds like you know alot more i mean i have been showing them for 14yrs. but hogs and other are what i know alot more about but chickens yes but no

nice ribbions and your ffa story is really cool don't you just love being in ffa i do

i love that peacock wow i drew a pic of a peacock in school a couple years a ago i will put the pic up later

thank you for the poultry advice and peafowl i know enough about the poultry to help about the basics but it sounds like you know alot more i mean i have been showing them for 14yrs. but hogs and other are what i know alot more about but chickens yes but no

FFA is awesome! I love showing at the Fair. It's lots of fun. Also at the fair I let kids feed him popcorn from their hands. Kids would ask their parents if they could get one. Usually parents would say no. Also I'm getting more peafowl. I'm getting whites and Black Shoulder male. That white with grey on her back is my Black Shoulder hen. The 2 in the grass pen are my Indian Blues and the one I show is a Spalding Split to White. So the one I show is a cross between a Burmese Green, Indian Blue, and a White peacock.

FFA is awesome! I love showing at the Fair. It's lots of fun. Also at the fair I let kids feed him popcorn from their hands. Kids would ask their parents if they could get one. Usually parents would say no. Also I'm getting more peafowl. I'm getting whites and Black Shoulder male. That white with grey on her back is my Black Shoulder hen. The 2 in the grass pen are my Indian Blues and the one I show is a Spalding Split to White. So the one I show is a cross between a Burmese Green, Indian Blue, and a White peacock.

Peacocks are so cool, i wish that they didn't require such high fencing. Plus I live in a suburban-ish setting, not really a neighborhood, but not really rural farmland, and I don't think neighbors would be too happy to find a peacock on their roof. Anyway, I'm happy with my goats and chickens, and possibly later turkeys and sheep.

Back
Top Bottom