All the Christian Homeschoolers!

It's a water based paint that works in between acrylic and watercolor. You can add water, and it works like watercolor but it's a lot more vibrant and more opaque, and goes a looong way. Without water, it goes on like acrylic.
Sounds so cool! I bet that makes some pretty paintings! Have you done it and have any photos?
If you make a mistake with acrylic, you can quickly wipe most of it away, even use some water to lift it. Then you just paint over it. No big deal. It's daunting because you can't just erase it later, but once you get going, it's not so bad!
Good to know! It's been forever since I've pulled out those paints. I think the last time I used it was for painting rocks a looong time ago.
Those are so cute! My boyfriend is Orthodox and has several prayers up on his walls in various places. But in true bachelor fashion, they're taped to the walls on index cards with painters tape. 😂 I have told him that when we marry and I move in, I'm going to take them and do something similar to what you've done here. I will calligraphy the prayers on nice paper and do something artistic, maybe even frame them. He likes the thought.
😂 That's great! "In true bachelor fashion" got quite the laugh out of me😂. I'm sure you'll improve on the index cards wonderfully!

For those cards I chose a font I liked and printed it out with the orientation I wanted. I then used a light pad to trace the words. It really helps me improve my handwriting in general to keep it consistent but makes it especially nice for the cards.
Easy way to avoid smudging with your hand is to put a loose, extra piece of paper under where your hand is going to rest. Easy fix!
That's smart! I've tried it before when I make the big signs with sharpie but somehow something ALWAYS gets on the bottom of the paper and still smudges anyway😂. Maybe it would be different with graphite and not a wet marker though.
That's very pretty! I do like flowers, but I'm not as good at doing them as I'd like to be.
Thank you! Flowers are fun!

I bought another chick :oops: now I'm up to 11. Bought five last week, hatched five this week and now bought another. Chicken math has struck!
IMG_20240424_105954608.jpg

I also used some unactivated watercolor pencils.
I do that all the time 😅
If you make a mistake with acrylic, you can quickly wipe most of it away, even use some water to lift it. Then you just paint over it. No big deal. It's daunting because you can't just erase it later, but once you get going, it's not so bad!
Yeah, I avoided painting with acrylics for ages. Now I'm doing it a decent amount and it's easy than it seemed to me before. Mistakes can generally be correct pretty easy.

I do that all the time 😅

Yeah, I avoided painting with acrylics for ages. Now I'm doing it a decent amount and it's easy than it seemed to me before. Mistakes can generally be correct pretty easy.
Where do y'all get your acrylics? I'd love to start painting, but I don't know how/what to get.
Hi again everyone! Kinda lost this thread for a while. Can anyone catch me up?
I've skipped a bunch too, sorry :oops:

Sounds so cool! I bet that makes some pretty paintings! Have you done it and have any photos?
I have done some things, but I'm not sure where they got off to, and those pictures are long lost, lol.
😂 That's great! "In true bachelor fashion" got quite the laugh out of me😂. I'm sure you'll improve on the index cards wonderfully!

For those cards I chose a font I liked and printed it out with the orientation I wanted. I then used a light pad to trace the words. It really helps me improve my handwriting in general to keep it consistent but makes it especially nice for the cards.
That's a great idea! I might use that technique.
Yes, he does many thing "in bachelor fashion", and it's funny to me whenever something like that pops up.
He had a pair of "house moccasins", but one of them had the stitching tearing out on the top, so it was horribly lopsided and very uneven with the other. He liked to occasionally sneak it into pictures and into the frame on video calls just to drive me nuts. He finally threw them out last week, good riddance. I'd wanted to fix them, but they were a bit too worn out anyways.
That's smart! I've tried it before when I make the big signs with sharpie but somehow something ALWAYS gets on the bottom of the paper and still smudges anyway😂. Maybe it would be different with graphite and not a wet marker though.
Right, I am also always getting messes everywhere no matter what I do. 🙄😂

Nine days until my Stranger is here for the summer, I'm so excited!
Unfortunately he won't be able to bring the manual truck like he planned. The main vehicle needed some fixing, and in the interest of saving money, he opted to not rent a trailer to haul the truck. Oh well. Plenty of time to teach me sticky shifting later. :p

Back
Top Bottom