All things Vintage thread - Antiques, music & more!

I live in rural area, lots of antiques here. I collect tins mostly, coffee ones. I found a few from Colo. The breakfast call coffee tin doubled as a tin for raisins my Mom had it my whole life. That's what started the journey. The Breakfast call and solitaire where both from Denver, and yes that's my families old camping percolator and yes it works.View attachment 3729754
View attachment 3729741
Here are some others I have found, the cabin looking one truly is a "log cabin" syrup container.
View attachment 3729748
And here is chicken cup holder " some kids 4H project no doubt. Soo I had to collect the cups of course! ( no wonder chicken math is so easy for me! )
View attachment 3729751
View attachment 3729761
Almost makes me sad with how poorly things are made these days. Who would want something like that from today?

Almost makes me sad with how poorly things are made these days. Who would want something like that from today?
I hate all the plastics now days. Not only the environmental impact, but just like you say, the quality. I work in a lab and all our old glass supplies and tools are much more precise than our plastic ones, I hate it.

Let's see some! :D

Old cars are so cool. I have fond memories (or memories, at least!) of our old '75 Dodge Monaco.
Give me a little bit. I've got to go and take some pics later anyway. Here's one for now:
20240122_123731.jpg

From an old MG. Unsure what year. It'll probs end up in Danger Ranger.

Back
Top Bottom