All things Vintage thread - Antiques, music & more!

Pics
Sorry, but I love being a nerd and trying to dig up the ages and information on things like that
Actually it's a great help. It's interesting to learn the history of our land. The kids would be delighted to know how old their fund possibly is.

I wasn't to delighted to see them running full speed with with a large saw.

Makes me wonder what else might be back there.

@Floydie
20220615_133809.jpg
16553257338998517985140254656639.jpg

@Anime2lover - Yes I am sure the sight of them coming with a big saw was not impressive! Oh goodness! But maybe you can take a nice Fall walk when the brush and bugs die down and when some of that scrub clears maybe you can see things better. I know just in this family span, my husband's grandpa had farm equipment left in the woods that grew over with scrub and took a lot to pull out! And prior to his time, the generation before his grandpa, the other landowners had chicken houses and there are old feeders left out in the woods.

@Anime2lover - Yes I am sure the sight of them coming with a big saw was not impressive! Oh goodness! But maybe you can take a nice Fall walk when the brush and bugs die down and when some of that scrub clears maybe you can see things better. I know just in this family span, my husband's grandpa had farm equipment left in the woods that grew over with scrub and took a lot to pull out! And prior to his time, the generation before his grandpa, the other landowners had chicken houses and there are old feeders left out in the woods.
Maybe. There are plenty of empty old looking huts and fenced areas that look like they've been there for ages around our land.

The kids were happy to hear how old it possibly is! Loved their surprised expressions when I told them.

Back
Top Bottom