all who are hatching quail

Thanks James, think I'll try again next weekend before lockdown. They are jumbo Texas a&m, so am I right in thinking they may take a day or two longer in the incubator?

Haveandtohold I have also read about the float test... As long as the water is a similar temp to the inside of the incubator it shouldn't harm the eggs. That will probably be my last resort next week!

Thanks for replying guys, I was beginning to think I was an internet ghost! Hahah.

Hi, I had never candled anything, so I marked what I thought were duds... So wrong! Nothing burst in the incubator, the duds hatched first.
:smack ...
Everything I have read says theyre tricksy!
Good luck. They're dinky wee chicks!

I cant find the Actual picture. But heres the sample picture from the Net. Which is the same on my actual picture.

Coturnix japonica (Japanese quail)

Our family are in the Quail Egg Business for Around 6 to 8 years. We use to buy Female Yearly Around 5,000 to 8,000 Heads all Females sometimes there is a Male less than 50pcs out of that volume.

Yes it is very noticeable in a Day old but when it comes to a week old its hard to recognize until they became sub-adult.

Im planning to Breed this species next year I'm almost done with my incubator it can hatch up to 5,000 to 6,000 eggs. And im planning to build another one next year that can hatch 12,000 heads.

I ask one of the Breeder. They say that they have different males crossbreed with Female Japanese Coturnix to produce different Morph for Males. But when I ask where they get the Male they refuse to tell me. Maybe because I'm competing his business as Chick seller. I cant find any source on the internet regarding crossbreeding of Japanese Quail.

But when I Search for a picture of a day old Japanese Quail. You will notice that the chick have two type of color like in my picture posted.

My conclusion is Maybe the breeder is trying to discourage me on breeding to protect his business.
I Think a day old Japanese Quail have different color Morph between Males and Female.

What do you think?

While Im posting these I've received a text message from one of the breeder. Im wrong its a cross breed. Japanese Seattle Quail Female and Japanese Taiwan Female.

Just hatched 80 2 died rest look healthy.
1f603.png

I cant find the Actual picture. But heres the sample picture from the Net. Which is the same on my actual picture. Coturnix japonica (Japanese quail) Our family are in the Quail Egg Business for Around 6 to 8 years. We use to buy Female Yearly Around 5,000 to 8,000 Heads all Females sometimes there is a Male less than 50pcs out of that volume. Yes it is very noticeable in a Day old but when it comes to a week old its hard to recognize until they became sub-adult. Im planning to Breed this species next year I'm almost done with my incubator it can hatch up to 5,000 to 6,000 eggs. And im planning to build another one next year that can hatch 12,000 heads. I ask one of the Breeder. They say that they have different males crossbreed with Female Japanese Coturnix to produce different Morph for Males. But when I ask where they get the Male they refuse to tell me. Maybe because I'm competing his business as Chick seller. I cant find any source on the internet regarding crossbreeding of Japanese Quail. But when I Search for a picture of a day old Japanese Quail. You will notice that the chick have two type of color like in my picture posted. My conclusion is Maybe the breeder is trying to discourage me on breeding to protect his business. I Think a day old Japanese Quail have different color Morph between Males and Female. What do you think?
I know when mine hatch they look exactly the same...I have tried to notice differences but just cannot see any until the female become more white with dark polka dots on the chest and males become more solid tan at around 3 weeks or so. They all look like they will be polka dotted then slowly the solid fills in on the boys. Mine are Jumbo Coturnix. Now YOU have a fun job! It is so fun to see someone on here from so far away, so glad you are in the group, look forward to seeing more pictures from your project!

Hi, I had never candled anything, so I marked what I thought were duds... So wrong! Nothing burst in the incubator, the duds hatched first.
smack.gif
Everything I have read says theyre tricksy!
Good luck. They're dinky wee chicks!
Cool. I've given up to the idea of candling and thinking float test maybe an idea, but might just leave them alone and see what happens :) so excited for next week. I bought a cctv camera so I can watch them hatch while I'm at work, but the **** thing won't switch on!!

Cool. I've given up to the idea of candling and thinking float test maybe an idea, but might just leave them alone and see what happens :) so excited for next week. I bought a cctv camera so I can watch them hatch while I'm at work, but the **** thing won't switch on!! 

Lol curse you technology! I had my tiny incubator on my bedside table as my super interested dog was way too keen . woke up to see one pop right out one morning. (Not bonkers..... honest )
Its So exciting! Mine are nearly 5 weeks old, still cool!

Back
Top Bottom