all who are hatching quail

That is awesome !!! How many more hatched???

Nine total so far, and I think that's all that are going to hatch as she's up and about with the chicks now. If I act like I'm going to touch one of her chicks, she goes into super protective mode and tries to peck and flog my hand/arm....she's such a good little mamma!
big_smile.png

Nine total so far, and I think that's all that are going to hatch as she's up and about with the chicks now. If I act like I'm going to touch one of her chicks, she goes into super protective mode and tries to peck and flog my hand/arm....she's such a good little mamma!
big_smile.png

Nine is a good size clutch to hatch! It's wonderful that she is also good at raising them. You should consider a video or two of her interacting with her chicks as I don't think there is such a record as domestic coturnix with their own chicks. The vocalizations and behaviors would be interesting to see.

I'm going to.
big_smile.png

It was so nice not having to worry about the power going out in the incubator or brooder during last night's thunderstorms, as she has that all covered.
For sure her genetics will be important to pass on.
Plus she is just so cute to see with her babies.
jumpy.gif

Nine is a good size clutch to hatch! It's wonderful that she is also good at raising them. You should consider a video or two of her interacting with her chicks as I don't think there is such a record as domestic coturnix with their own chicks. The vocalizations and behaviors would be interesting to see.

For sure her genetics will be important to pass on.
Plus she is just so cute to see with her babies.
jumpy.gif

Thanks :) And I'll try to get video footage of her with them.

Back
Top Bottom