all who are hatching quail

Yeah that will be fine sometimes the foot heals on its own. And if u put him/her in there it should be fine just watch it for a few days to look for pecking from the other birds.

Well. I did put him in and he's doing great. But I assisted the "stuck" bird and he had already died. And then the other bird pipped from the wrong side and so I helped him and he lived for about 10 seconds after he came out of the shell......
hit.gif

Well. I did put him in and he's doing great. But I assisted the "stuck" bird and he had already died. And then the other bird pipped from the wrong side and so I helped him and he lived for about 10 seconds after he came out of the shell......
hit.gif

I used to try to help the ones that were "stuck" or just couldn't get out by themselves but now I don't. There is a reason they cannot get out and they usually just suffer if you "help". Better to let nature take it's course.

Ya....so I spontaneously woke up at 4:00 again, idk why, and I looked in the brooder and there were my three chickies cuddled together like a big ball of fluff! And can someone please tell me why my first 2 chicks have dark brown fluff with tanish brown stripes but my new baby has like a multi color swirl of colors??? And also I have another egg pip/zipping but has made no holes just large cracks all around the edge of the air sack (the correct way)

Typically when their feet are deformed its due to dehydration. Get some water mix 1teaspoon of salt and one of sugar into a quart of water and give it to your birds. Or use rooster booster if you can find it. It's about $7.00.

Call me out if I'm being an over-protective mother, but I just got home and checked on my chicks, and the deformed footed/recently hatched chick was in the far corner of the brooder away from the heat light and the other chicks, while the 2 other chicks were in the groups' regular spot right under the heat light cuddled. I don't know exactly why because I haven't been home all day, but I'm just wondering if their separated because of the 2 chicks bullying him, or it was his choice to move (not really move, more like crawl/hop because of his foot) But all I know is when I left they were all in harmony and cuddling. Has this ever happened to anybody else?
Thanks again guys for all your support through this crazy stage called hatching!
thumbsup.gif

Super great news guys! My deformed feet chick is no longer deformed! I thought something was wrong with him but I reached in to move the water bowl (with marbles) and he actually started chirping and then he RAN (RAN RAN RAN RAN!!!!) To where all the chicks were meeting for safety! And I looked at his leg and its super normal now!
wee.gif

Sorry if I'm posting a lot I just have a lot of questions
hu.gif
And also, I looked at one of the HEAVILY pipped/zipped eggs when I got home and the front portion of the egg had some kind of mahogany colored (liquid?) stains on it. Does anybody know what that means?

Super great news guys! My deformed feet chick is no longer deformed! I thought something was wrong with him but I reached in to move the water bowl (with marbles) and he actually started chirping and then he RAN (RAN RAN RAN RAN!!!!) To where all the chicks were meeting for safety! And I looked at his leg and its super normal now!
wee.gif

Sorry if I'm posting a lot I just have a lot of questions
hu.gif
And also, I looked at one of the HEAVILY pipped/zipped eggs when I got home and the front portion of the egg had some kind of mahogany colored (liquid?) stains on it. Does anybody know what that means
i had one like that yesterday. Apparently on the assisting chicks article that its been pipping/ zipping for while and you should help it

I don't know if i SHOULD help it though because I helped 2 yesterday and both ended up dying! I might just let nature takes its course like suggested and hope for the best. Currently though, I have 5 pipped eggs! And I'll be home for the weekend to make sure the humidity & temp. stays just perfect to reduce the risk of casualties
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom