Am I Giving Too Many Treats? Or can I give more?

BrindleFinch

Songster
Mar 31, 2018
Upstate, NY
Every Sunday, I change the girl's bedding out in the run. I rake up old bedding and put in a new bag of pine flakes, and on top of that I've been putting treats to encourage them to scratch the bedding out themselves instead of me trying to spread it all around only to have them throw it all out of the run anyway :rolleyes:

They are 7-12 ish weeks old, and there are 9 of them. I've been giving them 9 tablespoons of Oat and Mealworm Flock Party and 9 tablespoons of Manna Pro's Poultry Conditioner. Both bags say 2 tablespoons "a day," so I figure one tablespoon of each once a week definitely won't hurt.

My question is, how often can I give this little treat mix? They absolutely love it, and I love seeing them so happy. I know the poultry conditioner probably doesn't do anything for their feathers - they just like to have it to eat. Not looking for it to give me shiny birds so I'm not worried about it on that front :p

They are also offered grit, and of course 24/7 offered their Grower food.

If you guys have any suggestions for healthier / better loved treat mixes though, let me know! Anything for the chickys :love

Every Sunday, I change the girl's bedding out in the run. I rake up old bedding and put in a new bag of pine flakes, and on top of that I've been putting treats to encourage them to scratch the bedding out themselves instead of me trying to spread it all around only to have them throw it all out of the run anyway :rolleyes:

They are 7-12 ish weeks old, and there are 9 of them. I've been giving them 9 tablespoons of Oat and Mealworm Flock Party and 9 tablespoons of Manna Pro's Poultry Conditioner. Both bags say 2 tablespoons "a day," so I figure one tablespoon of each once a week definitely won't hurt.

My question is, how often can I give this little treat mix? They absolutely love it, and I love seeing them so happy. I know the poultry conditioner probably doesn't do anything for their feathers - they just like to have it to eat. Not looking for it to give me shiny birds so I'm not worried about it on that front :p

They are also offered grit, and of course 24/7 offered their Grower food.

If you guys have any suggestions for healthier / better loved treat mixes though, let me know! Anything for the chickys :love
Personally I think what you're doing should be fine once a week. The Flock Party is 15% protein and the Poultry Conditioner is 22%.

Back
Top Bottom