Too many treats?

5Buffies

In the Brooder
May 31, 2023
Hi Everyone! I am new to this forum and new to raising chickens. I have 5 adorable buff Orpington chickens that are almost 4 months old. I read that you are only supposed to give your birds 1 Tbsp of treats per day and not every day. I give my girls either oats or 7-grain Ultimate Scratch by MannaPro. They are definitely not getting more than 1 Tbsp each, but I have been giving them treats daily. I either spread some around their run so they can have fun searching for it, or use them as treats when they follow me into the garden and then back into their run. My question is: Is it ok to give your girls treats every day if you are giving them less than 1 Tbps each every day? Mine probably get about 1/2 Tbsp total in a day. I usually give them a little in the morning and a little later in the day. Thank you for your thoughts!

I have given my chickens scratch every day for 30 years & never had a problem. I always give it late in the day after they have eaten their feed. they get about a TBS a day give or take & yes I measure it.

I have given my chickens scratch every day for 30 years & never had a problem. I always give it late in the day after they have eaten their feed. they get about a TBS a day give or take & yes I measure it.
Thank you! I have been measuring it too.

Back
Top Bottom