Amber link

Quote:
Come on now Chris, where did you get this info ? The cross you are talking about is what the cross that Cackle hatchery calls "Indian Rivers" . The color of the Amberlinks is from breeding with Dominant White and you know that Delawares dont have dom white. If it were from a Delaware roo the offspring would look pretty much like Delawars themselves and Amberlinks are White from Dom white with varying red leakage like these here in the AmberLink Thread. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=358938&p=1. They dont have the black Columbian ticking like Delas and RIRs.

Amberlinks are feather sexed rather than color sexed and would be a cross of a rapid feathering, Dom white carrying rooster like White Leghorns or some strains of White Rocks, on a slowfeathering breed of hen like RIRs.

Quote:
Come on now Chris, where did you get this info ? The cross you are talking about is what the cross that Cackle hatchery calls "Indian Rivers" . The color of the Amberlinks is from breeding with Dominant White and you know that Delawares dont have dom white. If it were from a Delaware roo the offspring would look pretty much like Delawars themselves and Amberlinks are White from Dom white with varying red leakage like these here in the AmberLink Thread. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=358938&p=1. They dont have the black Columbian ticking like Delas and RIRs.

Amberlinks are feather sexed rather than color sexed and would be a cross of a rapid feathering, Dom white carrying rooster like White Leghorns or some strains of White Rocks, on a slowfeathering breed of hen like RIRs.

It was a UK site found it this spring..
I had posted it in one other post on here. Ill try to find the UK site that it was on..

Chris

Last edited:
Quote:
Thats so confusing becuase the OP of that Amberlink thread had also posted that they were from a Light Sussex rooster on RIR hens which would be about the same as a Delaware roo and I believe that person said that info came from someone in the UK too. But where does the Dom White come from ? Using a Dela or LS roo on RIR hens would give offspring with Black Columbian ticking, and the Amberlinks dont have any black. So ?????????????

Let us know if you find that site, shoot if it has some contact info I'll email someone in the UK and get them to explain it to me.

Quote:
Dom. White (as in Leghorns and some gamefowl) is used to, "Create" Red Pyles so it does leak Gold but covers Black well..

Chris

Last edited:
Ya'll guys are crazy good when it comes to all the genetics and such.... I'm the one that posted the info on the Amberlink thread! And like Clint said I got all this info from a lady in the UK and she told me she got it directly from the people that breed them. Other than that I have no clue!! Hope ya'll can figure it out one day!!
hu.gif

Maybe ya'll can help me on another matter, How can I get a barred pullet from a black sex link chick?? My pullets were BR and my roo is a RIR mixed with something that has blue in it. We hatched supposedly 8 roo's & 2 pullets. The 2 pullets were solid black an the roo's all were black with the white dots on their heads. One of them never got the red comb & wattle nor the tail feathers like the others. She's now 23 weeks old and her comb & wattle are just starting to develope. She acts totally like a pullet but I'm watching them as close as I can to see when & if she starts to lay. (Kinda hard sometimes with 49 of them)

So what do you think??

Quote:
Dom. White (as in Leghorns and some gamefowl) is used to, "Create" Red Pyles so it does leak Gold but covers Black well..

Chris

Yeah thats what I am saying the dom white is covering what ever black that would be in the bird, but if the are from a Silver Columbian colored roo on Red hens, Then where is the Dom white coming from is what I cant understand. Now if it was a light columbian roo on a Red Sexlink hen that had Dom white in her tail, then I could understand it but then red sexlinks I believe are only Het Dom White so breeding them to a roo that isnt doesnt carry dom white should still produce offspring with about half of them showing the black and the other half having the black diluted but Dom White. I'm gonna have to find someone in the UK who breeds them and ask. But hatcheries and such arent going to tell what their more complicated crosses are from.

And Barred Babies, you have a post somewhere about this hen right ? If it was yours I saw it and it did look like a hen so I have no idea how that happened. If you will. PM me the link so we dont hyjack this thread with this question and I'll look at it again .

Folks here is my 2 cents worth on Amberlinks, not sure where I read it but it said that it was:

and the answer is:

White Rock rooster over New Hampshire or Rhode Island Red hens.

Again I can't remember what site that I read that on.

Quote:

Chris

Yeah thats what I am saying the dom white is covering what ever black that would be in the bird, but if the are from a Silver Columbian colored roo on Red hens, Then where is the Dom white coming from is what I cant understand. Now if it was a light columbian roo on a Red Sexlink hen that had Dom white in her tail, then I could understand it but then red sexlinks I believe are only Het Dom White so breeding them to a roo that isnt doesnt carry dom white should still produce offspring with about half of them showing the black and the other half having the black diluted but Dom White. I'm gonna have to find someone in the UK who breeds them and ask. But hatcheries and such arent going to tell what their more complicated crosses are from.

And Barred Babies, you have a post somewhere about this hen right ? If it was yours I saw it and it did look like a hen so I have no idea how that happened. If you will. PM me the link so we dont hyjack this thread with this question and I'll look at it again .

Maybe I am thinking of a Different, "Amber" breed.
Don't Amber links hen have faint Barring in there tail with some Red in there hackles?

Chris

i had 2. both of them were very friendly as chicks. We didn't keep them untill adulthood. they climbed on my hand if I lowered it into the brooder.

Back
Top Bottom