Ameracaunas from Ideal Poultry

lfwhitef.jpg
I got this picture off the ameracauna.org site. It is an adult female white ameracauna pure bred. I bought a "buff ameracauna" from Agway and she looks just like this. She is about 5 months now and I can't wait to see what color eggs she will lay. Absolutely beautiful bird, pure white with dark eyes and fuzzy face, dark green legs.

I got this picture off the ameracauna.org site. It is an adult female white ameracauna pure bred. I bought a "buff ameracauna" from Agway and she looks just like this. She is about 5 months now and I can't wait to see what color eggs she will lay. Absolutely beautiful bird, pure white with dark eyes and fuzzy face, dark green legs.
She is a gorgeous bird.

She is a pretty chicken. In the Fall I plan to get 6 more Ameracaunas from a breeder nearby. 2 blue, 2 black, and 2 splash. If he had white ones like this, I would definitely get a couple as well.

So my beautiful white Ameraucana finally laid her first egg and it came out dark green.
Much darker than my other EE.
The dark green egg definitely confirms the identity of your Ameraucana as an Easter Egger as opposed to a true Ameraucana as true Ameraucanas only lay blue eggs. The dark olive color also confirms your EE as an Olive Egger, meaning her parents were a blue egg layer (probably an Ameraucana) and a chocolate egg layer (probably a Marans). Hybridization is a fascinating endeavor. Congratulations on the olive egg. :eek:)

Thank you. I recently got a assortment of rare layers. Maybe I'll get more colors out of these girls
You're welcome. It's always exciting getting those first eggs from the different EEs to see what colors they are. They are my granddaughter's favorite chickens as she loves their colored eggs. Her favorite color is the pale pink one. Good luck in getting those colored eggs.

Back
Top Bottom