Ameracaunas from Ideal Poultry

I bought my first EE from a feed store that ordered from Ideal. They have been phenomenal layers of large/extra large light to dark greenish/blue and olive eggs. The hens have been heat resistant, cold resistant, super healthy and tough. They are easy going, are great foragers and are still laying strong at over 2 years of age. They have been totally non broody. If those are the qualities you want in a strictly layer group of hens then you have made a great choice. I am hatching some eggs from them to replace these older hens with. (well to have fresh layers i won't get rid of them.) They are good birds. They are not purebred and not show quality but they sure are great laying hens.

Last edited:
I bought my first EE from a feed store that ordered from Ideal. They have been phenomenal layers of large/extra large light to dark greenish/blue and olive eggs. The hens have been heat resistant, cold resistant, super healthy and tough. They are easy going, are great foragers and are still laying strong at over 2 years of age. They have been strictly non broody. If those are the qualities you want in a strictly layer group of hens then you have made a great choice. I am hatching some eggs from them to replace these older hens with. (well to have fresh layers i won't get rid of them.) They are good birds. They are not purebred and not show quality but they sure are great laying hens.

Are u talking about a EE or ameraucauna roo, I have a roo from the sex- link/EE mix, and I ordered 10pullet chicks and a roo EE from ideal.Iwould actually like more than just blue/green eggs but I will take just that.
Does ideal have a wide color range in plumage pattern/coloration.
I think with 11 EE's I should get a good many colors.

Are u talking about a EE or ameraucauna roo, I have a roo from the sex- link/EE mix, and I ordered 10pullet chicks and a roo EE from ideal.Iwould actually like more than just blue/green eggs but I will take just that.

My ameracuana / EE from Ideal are widely varied in color. They are a very pretty and interesting mix including the boy I have 9.

I would not use an EE rooster on my EE hens. Unless you don't care what color eggs you get from the next generation. You do not know what genetics are behind an EE rooster and you could get pink or brown from him. I want blue and green eggs exclusively so I use a purebred Ameracauna to retain blue in the eggs. It is pretty easy to obtain a purebred Ameracauna rooster from a breeder with too many boys hanging around.

Oh we'll my chicks will be here today or tomorrow so excited. I've got 2brown leghorn pullets coming, 10EE pullets coming, an EE rooster, and 4 hatchery choice guineas. Oh and of course the polish I got for someone else.

Back
Top Bottom