Ameraucana chick - what color?

Slothinc

Songster
Apr 15, 2020
Hello! I just hatched a few ameraucana eggs and I’m not very familiar with their color variations. I don’t know what colors the parents were (the breeder said he has almost every color.) Any idea what color this little one is? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_7414.jpeg
    IMG_7414.jpeg
    355.1 KB · Views: 56
Looks like she/he could be mixed...
Thank you, I wondered if that might be the case!! Lol but since I don’t know enough about the standard ameraucana colors I wasn’t sure if I just didn’t know the color! Has anyone else ever had a similar chick color - if so what did it end up looking like?

If the breeder is any good, he'll say what pens of what colors he has, otherwise, if they're all just running around together, the chick is considered an Easter eggers since it's mixed color.

@nuthatched Thanks! I will assume Easter egger as I don’t think he has separated color pens. I just grabbed these eggs locally to fill the rest of my incubator so I wasn’t being too picky haha. Most of the eggs that I had incubating were shipped silkies. The other three ameraucana/Easter eggers look to be 2 blues and 1 splash (I think.) I might try to post pics of them when they dry off, to confirm.

Here are pics of the other blue eggs that hatched. Two of the chicks are blue, I’m almost positive. The 3rd chick I thought might be splash but now I think that it might be “paint” (that’s what I would call it if it was a silkie - not sure if that color has a different name for other breeds.) They are very cute, but I will probably only keep 1-2 of them so that’s why I was trying to figure out colors.

Attachments

• IMG_7419.jpeg
    IMG_7419.jpeg
    349 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_7421.jpeg
    IMG_7421.jpeg
    420.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7424.jpeg
    IMG_7424.jpeg
    398.8 KB · Views: 15
Thanks so much! I rehomed these chicks since they didn’t seem to be purebred. I had no idea that golden laced looked like that. I had never seen that color pattern on a chick before. So happy to learn that! I’m sure the female chicks will lay really beautiful eggs as they hatched out of deep blue eggs and I’m sure the dad was either ameraucana or Easter egger.

Always happy to help! Do you remember what color legs they had? That’s the biggest distinction between Amercuana and Easter eggers. Amercuanas will always have a slate-bluish while Easter eggers will be the normal orange-ish yellow-ish.

Always happy to help! Do you remember what color legs they had? That’s the biggest distinction between Amercuana and Easter eggers. Amercuanas will always have a slate-bluish while Easter eggers will be the normal orange-ish yellow-ish.
Weirdly this chick had fully slate colored legs and toes! The other three chicks had varying amounts of orange on the legs/toes. But this oddly colored chick was all slate. I found that strange.

Back
Top Bottom