Ameraucana Enthusiasts - What do you think about my Rooster?

chickadeeNSC

In the Brooder
Oct 8, 2015
Columbia, SC
Ok , so we bought him from a little local farm. They advertised him as "Ameraucana" , we don't really care if he is or isn't full breed etc. as he is just one handsome fella and being that my flock has different breeds as it is, we aren't trying to promote or sell the "pure" brand anyways.

Being that I'm somewhat new at this, I assumed he was a blue wheaten or wheaten... Someone informed me that that's not the case so I'm curious then as to what others may think he is.

I've tried searching and searching different crosses and experimental ameraucana lines etc with no real luck. He just turned one yr this month. Ameraucana or not he is super sweet to my ladies and very protective and that's all we could ask for :) . So with all that being said, what do you think about this guy?

He is an Easter Egger since he isn't a recognized color and has greenish legs. :)

His legs are dark grey/bluish. It may have a slight tint in the first pic bc I had to lighten it.

I'm getting lavender ameraucana hatching eggs tomorrow and I can't wait until they get big enough to breed with this guy, should be an interesting experiment lol

You should get some beautiful chicks!

Thank you!
1f604.png

Looking at the feathers on his chest, he looks like an Easter Egger mixed with Blue Laced Wyandotte. I see some blue laced red type feathers on him.

His legs are dark grey/bluish. It may have a slight tint in the first pic bc I had to lighten it.

I'm getting lavender ameraucana hatching eggs tomorrow and I can't wait until they get big enough to breed with this guy, should be an interesting experiment lol
Just FYI, Lavender is a recessive color. You will not get any chicks with Lavender coloring in the first generation cross.

Back
Top Bottom