Ameraucana Projects Thread

I'm guessing there's a much higher chance of getting White Wheatens in your F2s than my Lavender Wheaten project (6%), since you're working with dominant white? What is the percentage you are expecting?
Im expecting about 50% with one copy that look mostly wheaten, however the mom is split for partridge and has one Pg gene and one CO gene, so that might do some weird stuff. She's a small hen because her mom was a bantam but I'm hoping for better size and type from her with this new wheaten rooster, I also have to improve on egg color (she lays a light olive colored egg), and I have to watch out for yellow skin down the road

Does anyone on here know if any of the hatcheries have any true Ameraucana chicks? I can't find any breeders around my area and would have to ship from hatchery, but I have heard they are all actually Easter eggers

Does anyone on here know if any of the hatcheries have any true Ameraucana chicks? I can't find any breeders around my area and would have to ship from hatchery, but I have heard they are all actually Easter eggers
most all are actually easter eggers, no hatchery carries a good example of an ameraucana, a lot of breeders are willing to ship.

Check Meyer Hatchery. They advertise Ameraucanas.

Some hatcheries actually have Ameraucanas but since they aren't breeding for certain colors they usually have mixed and unrecognized colors. This irritates the time out of breeders and they holler that hatcheries doesn't sell true Ameraucanas.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom