Ameraucana Projects Thread

Here is a odd color out of a buff project from last year.I can not explain how this happened but buff and dominant white are involved.This picture was taken today.I would call it buff laced white.No idea if it would breed true.I have not tried to make a project out of this.Maybe Nicalandia has some ideas?

Awesome, Jerry!
I have marans like that! They came from a blue tailed buff roo over wheaten hens. Was just playing around trying to get some mroe dark layers, but I think they are my prettiest chickens now.

Here is a late hatch out of my barred/cuckoo project late august hatch.Can't say for sure which cuckoo hen he is from but the cock was barred with slate legs.Early may hatch.His legs turned spotted after 5 months.I have 2 pullets that still have slate legs.No eggs yet.More time needed to see if this guy's legs stay slate and to see if he has 2 copies of the barring gene.

Looking good! Is he single or double barred?

I have an older lav cuckoo one that I think is a roo. Has to be single barred. Still has a solid, though pale, slate wash over his legs. Will try to get pics tomorrow.

I hope someone can either answer my question or at least guide me somewhere I can find the answer. I have an EE and an Ameraucana. My EE has been laying for the last two months and they are now med-large sized eggs. I don't know the real qualifications for eggs I just know she used to lay really small "pullet" eggs but now they are much bigger. The Ameraucana was close to laying but was not laying when I got her. All of a sudden a four days ago I found a large sized blue egg under the roosts. I have no other blue egg laying chickens, well I do but she is only 12 weeks old and the egg half her size practically. I thought it came from my EE, sometimes she doesn't get to the nest box in time, but then she laid her egg later in the day in the nest box. I didn't get another two blue eggs in the same day for the last four days, so I was thinking that maybe my EE just layed the two eggs, after all she is from a hatchery and they breed for eggs. I just went out there and there were two blue eggs in the nest boxes. Now here's my question, is my EE laying TWO eggs a day or can a 7 mos old Ameraucana start laying large eggs off the bat? Oh and the color is the same blue color I don't know if that matters or not.

I would say that both your blue egg layers are laying. I have never seen a chicken lay two eggs in one day. There are claims out there that sometimes the do, but i I really don't think so.

Well I am going to jump in here with both feet. I have had Ameraucanas for almost 2 years now and just started researching what I want to do as far as a project. Here is the roo I am starting with. I have my Blue Wheaten Dbl tufted roo below... 1 Lavender, dbl tufted and a beautiful white who has taken ribbons at both shows she was entered in. So...Any suggestions??

Harry...I am curious what you think about my roo.

Pansy..my lavender

Snow tends to be a bit camera shy....though she follows on my heels otherwise.

Well....that is my little group thus far..I had others but they just where not the quality I needed to work with.
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom