ameraucana rooster??

I hope it isnt a roo
fl.gif

Quote:
Can't you post a picture? We can tell a better by looking.

Who did you get the chicks from? It does not sound like a standard color, therefore could be an easter egger.

here are some photos of our silver ameraucana roo. lots of blue/gray as a chick, although the pictures don't do a good job of showing the vibrancy of his colors

a week old, 5 weeks old, and 22 weeks.

31442_img_6504.jpg

31442_img_6916.jpg

31442_22weeksilverameraucanaroo.jpg

Could Emily be Edward? She's the oldest of the girls, I thought and the other two are laying eggs. Our BO rooster has NOT been allowed to her. She fights back and he's afraid of her. Always has been. BO roo has been crowing for months but she/he never has. Is she just a late layer? She's 25 weeks 5 days old. I think Ameraucana, but could be EE. Farmer looked at me sideways when I asked....

I have the same question! I'm a newbie to chickens and was told this was an Ameraucana hen when I bought it. Can anyone please verify that it is indeed a hen and not rooster??

I have the same question! I'm a newbie to chickens and was told this was an Ameraucana hen when I bought it. Can anyone please verify that it is indeed a hen and not rooster??
How old is the bird? Can you get a profile shot of it standing naturally, including the legs?

Gender depends on age at this point, but it's not an Ameracuana at all. That straight comb means you're very unlikely to get colored eggs.

Back
Top Bottom