American Reza (Pakistani) Asil

This is the weight of my Malay Hen. She's actually 1-2lbs underweight, had to deworm her currently. She's not that tall, but very hefty.
20231220_104238.jpg

I've thought about getting Reza Aseel, but they're too small for my liking.
Reza asils are 5 to 6+ lbs. Most pure asils are this size. What is american reza pakistan? Do you mean they have American game added? I am putting a pic of a Pakistan hen and cock so you know what they look like

Attachments

• 20200714_182005.jpg
    20200714_182005.jpg
    512.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 20231021_154145.jpg
    20231021_154145.jpg
    333 KB · Views: 14
Reza asils are 5 to 6+ lbs. Most pure asils are this size. What is american reza pakistan? Do you mean they have American game added? I am putting a pic of a Pakistan hen and cock so you know what they look like
Hey Mr. Grissom,

I was simply inquiring about Asil egg laying habits over winter and this thread turned into something else. I also have been wondering on the various names folks give these Reza Asil. Pakistani was in parenthesis because that is the foundation of my families and many of the East Coast Asil strains we have been breeding. At what point do these become American Asil? Everyone I reach out to also has Indian Asil blood added to them, to include the straight bred Reynolds fowl. I would argue they have been American Asil for a long time, but that’s not what this thread was about originally.

Attachments

• IMG_3784.jpeg
    IMG_3784.jpeg
    380 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3791.jpeg
    IMG_3791.jpeg
    358.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3806.jpeg
    IMG_3806.jpeg
    485.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3815.jpeg
    IMG_3815.jpeg
    490.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3869.jpeg
    IMG_3869.jpeg
    836.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3865.jpeg
    IMG_3865.jpeg
    749 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3960.jpeg
    IMG_3960.jpeg
    383.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3962.jpeg
    IMG_3962.jpeg
    395 KB · Views: 8
Hey Mr. Grissom,

I was simply inquiring about Asil egg laying habits over winter and this thread turned into something else. I also have been wondering on the various names folks give these Reza Asil. Pakistani was in parenthesis because that is the foundation of my families and many of the East Coast Asil strains we have been breeding. At what point do these become American Asil? Everyone I reach out to also has Indian Asil blood added to them, to include the straight bred Reynolds fowl. I would argue they have been American Asil for a long time, but that’s not what this thread was about originally.
One thing I find abit confusing here, is that all my research into Indian Aseel breeds, is that Reza are an Indian variety. American bred may lack certain characteristics that make them differ from their Indian Counterparts.
They do seem pretty popular in Pakistan, though.

Kinda like Malay, there's two different varieties, ones bred here in America(Lacks most original characteristics, look alike), Indian Malay variety have Shrimp Tails, & vary in appearance(Comb type, Feather type, leg length/color, are a few examples.) Some may lack Shrimp Tail, but most have it.

Sorry for the confusion. As far as winter laying it seems a hen or two will lay in winter and i have had them hatch chicks in January and survived. For the most part they all start laying by April.
Reza is a size not a strain or a country
I guess they are American if they have been bred here but they come from imported Pakistan lines or imported indian lines

Back
Top Bottom