American serama thread!

Wheaton have the brown color on their wing in the lower front. If his wings are solid black then you have brownRed. If he has the color on the wing then if he was a white chick he is Wheaton but if he was a chipmunk then he is a Black Breasted Red.

?!? I will never get all these details! ROFL. It's all so complex, coloring! Hope I can learn it, but I'm a bit of an old dog.........
lau.gif

Wheaton have the brown color on their wing in the lower front. If his wings are solid black then you have brownRed. If he has the color on the wing then if he was a white chick he is Wheaton but if he was a chipmunk then he is a Black Breasted Red.

Okay, I just checked, and no brown on wings at all. He was a black chick, so he's a BrownRed? I think I've got it. Thanks!!

Alrighty - so I kept four eggs from my botched frozen shipment. I have never hatched eggs before, and I really have no idea what I'm looking for when I check them. One seems to have some veining but it looks like its right up against one side. Is that normal?

Another egg looks almost completely dark, can't see a thing through it.
The other two look clearish. Im not sure when to toss them or how to know what's going on! help?

Happy Holidays to everyone! I wanted to get some updated photos of my latest bunch tonight, but I'm going to have to wait till I have more natural light. I did manage to get a really pretty one of one of my (two) frizzled babies. This is Selene... the younguns are 2 1/2 weeks old now...they grow up so fast!!!

You seem pretty sure Selene is a little girl?
Do you have a guess on Tinsel? I so hope for a hen! My little boy has a red comb already and it bigger then Tinsel's. She is over 3 weeks old. Not quite 4 weeks yet.

Alrighty - so I kept four eggs from my botched frozen shipment. I have never hatched eggs before, and I really have no idea what I'm looking for when I check them. One seems to have some veining but it looks like its right up against one side. Is that normal?

Another egg looks almost completely dark, can't see a thing through it.
The other two look clearish. Im not sure when to toss them or how to know what's going on! help?
Yes, at around 7-ish days you will start to see veins and a tiny black spot up against the side. I, too, have some eggs I can't see into; they are EEs and the shells look extremely thick. I usually keep my eggs til around day twelve. That way, you are absolutely sure nothing is happening, because I've seen embryos develop as late as day ten. Also, my serama eggs all went to day 21. Didn't even begin to pip at day 18-19. I'm glad I waited until day 21 before "helping", but I didn't really need to help. He pipped, then zipped all on day 21 and the little bugger is as healthy as a horse.

Back
Top Bottom