American serama thread!

how many do you have and what are the colors. Just curious!!!:love :thumbsup
I have 26 total, of which 11 are new hatches. 2 of my Roos are red blue and green, 2 are golden black and like orange, 1 is what I call brindle red black and brown, a black hen a gold and black hen a black and almost white hen a reddish brown hen a brown and black hen. Probably be easier to send pics. Lol I could send some tonight if you would like? I'll pm them if you want?

Hi there Mollie!
I'm in Tucson AZ and my serama have done just fine with the swing from extreme heat to freezing temps at night in winter. They justfind shade, dust bathe in the cool dirt, and cozy up in their wind protected coop in the winter.
About their multi-roo temperament, in my experience it depends on the individual roosters personalities. I had one that couldn't stand other roosters, my current leader boy has no problem with other roosters who can submit, but he has to be the alpha. 
I have also had lots of guys who were happy to live under the rule of another roo. I think they are more likely to get along with other roosters than other breeds might be but it still is an individual thing.
They are great little chickens! Originally I wanted to focus on BLRW but once I got serama I fell in love with the breed and can't imagine ever NOT having seramas. They are by far my favorite birds. I can't wait to see pictures once you get some!
Agreed! Once you get them you're hooked!!! They are awesome and very personable! Sweet temperaments and all 7 of my Roos get along. I recently had 11 new hatches so don't know yet what I have in them. I have one that stays inside with me! She is very attached to me! I love them all!! And you will too! Go for it, you won't regret it!!

Here's a picture of my little frizzled rooster I hatched out a few months ago from Castle Delight Seramas! I'm so pleased with him and can't wait to see the chicks he produces!

All I have are two silkied seramas. A black tailed buff rooster and a dark blue/grey hen. They are Trixie and Mr. squeakers.
lau.gif
Is there any way to tell what the chicks would look like of is it going to be random. I put 6 eggs in the incubator yesterday and am storing one egg so far for now!
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
yesss.gif
yesss.gif
D.gif

Last edited:
Alright hatching should start tomorrow on my little silkie/serama mutts and Berry and Toy's serama babies - I THINK some of the eggs might actually be from Chip! I have been collecting every day and checking twice a day and for 3 days in a row there have been THREE serama eggs every morning!! Berry Blue and Chip are the only girls old enough to lay so it MUST be all three!!!! I'm so stinkin excited! AAAAAND Chip has gone broody! I went to put the loner in the coop (Sonny my LF mutt is determined to sleep ON TOP of the coop rather than inside, I've been putting her in the coop every night for almost 4 months, she just doesn't get it!) and there was this weird squeaky screetching noise I was SURE was a rodent in my coop but on further inspection it was Chip all puffed up growling at me while she sat on a clutch of eggs!!!! So excited! She would be a fun little mother!

Pictures to come tomorrow in the sunlight =)

All I have are two silkied seramas. A black tailed buff rooster and a dark blue/grey hen. They are Trixie and Mr. squeakers.:lau  Is there any way to tell what the chicks would look like of is it going to be random. I put 6 eggs in the incubator yesterday and am storing one egg so far for now!:ya :ya :ya :yesss: :yesss: :cd  

It will be a crapshoot, ya got about 2,000 color choices.... :fl BUT they WILL all be beautiful! :love

All I have are two silkied seramas. A black tailed buff rooster and a dark blue/grey hen. They are Trixie and Mr. squeakers.:lau  Is there any way to tell what the chicks would look like of is it going to be random. I put 6 eggs in the incubator yesterday and am storing one egg so far for now!:ya :ya :ya :yesss: :yesss: :cd  
No way to tell and they change as they grow.

Here's a picture of my little frizzled rooster I hatched out a few months ago from Castle Delight Seramas! I'm so pleased with him and can't wait to see the chicks he produces!
I would love to obtain a silkie and frizzle Serama! Roo or hen. Can't locate anyone near me who have them
1f614.png
I'm in Mississippi (Kiln). Yours is so dang cute!!!

Man and I keep HATCHING silkied and frizzled and don't want them! Can we trade bird luck? Lol

Chip on her 2 LF eggs lol (I replaced them with 3 serama eggs, silly chicken thinks she can hatch BLRW eggs!)
(That's not spray paint on the straw, that's heat lamp light sneaking through from the grow out pen on the left LOL)

Back
Top Bottom