American serama thread!

Meet my new boy (and very first Serama!).. his name is José and I hope he will be the start of a little breeding program
smile.png

He is super sweet, likes to be held and has already settled in with a bunch of my young bantams.

Awee! Jose looks like a sweetheart! :) Welcome, Jose!

Our Serama, Dorothy, loves my 4 year old. Here she is, perching with her. :)

Some of the other chicks have a pasty butt.. but not Dorothy. (She just let's my 4 year old do whatever she wants!)

Ah.. so blissed out!

Here is PinkiePie.. fell asleep in her hair. Would have stayed there longer if my little one stood still for more than a minute, hehe.

Fluttershy practicing her perching.

I have some Serama chickens and i absolutely love them! Anybody have some Serama to sell? I'm looking for smooth, silkied, and booted. PM me if you do!

WV is difficult to ship birds into and requires specific paperwork:

"West Virginia
No person shall import any bird that is from a flock that is known to be infected with pullorum/typhoid or that is from an area under quarantine for Avian Influenza or Viscerotropic Velogenic Newcastle Disease. The commissioner requires that any bird that is imported into this state be accompanied by a statement completed and signed by the owner of the bird upon entry into this state that the bird has been free from disease for the 30 days prior to the importation of the bird and did not originate from a flock known to be infected with pullorum/typhoid; and United States Department of Agriculture Form 9-2 from the tester stating that the birds have been tested for pullorum typhoid within 3 months prior to the date of the importation; or a United States Department of Agriculture Form 9-3 from the tester indicating that the bird has originated from a flock that is not infected with pullorum/typhoid."

Last edited:

"[COLOR=000000]West Virginia[/COLOR]
[COLOR=000000]No person shall import any bird that is from a flock that is known to be infected with pullorum/typhoid or that is from an area under quarantine for Avian Influenza or Viscerotropic Velogenic Newcastle Disease. The commissioner requires that any bird that is imported into this state be accompanied by a statement completed and signed by the owner of the bird upon entry into this state that the bird has been free from disease for the 30 days prior to the importation of the bird and did not originate from a flock known to be infected with pullorum/typhoid; and United States Department of Agriculture Form 9-2 from the tester stating that the birds have been tested for pullorum typhoid within 3 months prior to the date of the importation; or a United States Department of Agriculture Form 9-3 from the tester indicating that the bird has originated from a flock that is not infected with pullorum/typhoid."[/COLOR]

WHEW! Thats a mouthful.... the state must have TONS of production chicken farms there is my guess...:confused:

"West Virginia
No person shall import any bird that is from a flock that is known to be infected with pullorum/typhoid or that is from an area under quarantine for Avian Influenza or Viscerotropic Velogenic Newcastle Disease. The commissioner requires that any bird that is imported into this state be accompanied by a statement completed and signed by the owner of the bird upon entry into this state that the bird has been free from disease for the 30 days prior to the importation of the bird and did not originate from a flock known to be infected with pullorum/typhoid; and United States Department of Agriculture Form 9-2 from the tester stating that the birds have been tested for pullorum typhoid within 3 months prior to the date of the importation; or a United States Department of Agriculture Form 9-3 from the tester indicating that the bird has originated from a flock that is not infected with pullorum/typhoid."

Wow! I didn't know my state was so picky about that.

Back
Top Bottom