American serama thread!

I have a question about size. how do the Serama compare to the Old English game bantams in size?

Are the C class larger the B class the same size and the A class smaller?

thanks in advance

Almost just had a heart attack....been out all day...get home & go to check on the babies...panic because I don't see them in their run but i hear chirping... they went into the coop all by themselves... this is only their 3rd night outside & the past 2 nights I had to put them inside the coop cause they couldn't/didn't know how to go up the ramp

Last edited:
Excusemy languagebut **** my incubator spiked to 110 while i was at worj and killed all my eggs. **** ******** ********!

I'm so sorry! That totally sucks ***!
sad.png

After battling smaller pre-built incubators, I built my own incubator and use a reptitemp 500r to control my temps (it has two power outlets for two light bulbs, so you never get caught with temp loss due to a light bulb (heat source) going out, as there is always a backup bulb also running. I've never had a spike, in fact... never had it waver past .5 degrees one way or another. I also used a larger foam container (obtained for free from the health dept. from shipped vaccines), and included water bottles all along the bottom of my incubator as a heat regulator to keep the temp steady even when the 2 light bulbs (heat) goes off periodically. This way, even though the fan is running (a rewired used computer fan), there are no drastic temp changes, but only gradual temp changes due to the water bottles underneath the eggs keeping it stable. Water bottles from the store are so cheap, but put in the incubator when there is extra room can make a huge difference in regulating temp swings.

I hope that maybe that might help in the future. It totally sucks when you lose eggs.

Almost just had a heart attack....been out all day...get home & go to check on the babies...panic because I don't see them in their run but i hear chirping... they went into the coop all by themselves... this is only their 3rd night outside & the past 2 nights I had to put them inside the coop cause they couldn't/didn't know how to go up the ramp

Look at those little angels all safe and sound...scareing MAMA half to death! :barnie :cd

I'm not sure about the old English game comparison because I have never owned Old English Game. But C size is bigger then B size and B size is Bigger then A size
I have a question about size.  how do the Serama compare to the Old English game bantams in size?

Are the C class larger the B class the same size and the A class smaller?

thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom